Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bad News like this

...makes me sooooo appreciative that I practice this Buddhism.
As I mentioned in my last post I chanted 4 hours today before my appointment with the doctor about my hip. I really had a feeling it was not going to be good news. I have been in pain now for more than five years and acupuncture, chiropractic, physical therapy, strengthening exercises...have not managed to cure the pain.

Basically today I was told that I have stage 4 arthritis (bone on bone) and will require a total hip replacement if I want to be out of pain. Yikes. If you knew me, you'd know I am little miss anti-doctor and anti-surgery but yikes...how long can a person limp and wince? Do I want to go through surgery? Nooooooo.... Do I want to be pain free? YES!
So I am getting a second opinion and doing my research. I will keep you posted. I feel strong...right now!
Ben (my 17 year old) and I are going to Toy Story 3 in 3D tonight and I'm going to continue chanting at least two hours a day.
What an interesting journey...
Who would think that an accident from 20 years ago could have this effect....but the doctors seem to think it's the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment