Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Magical Summer

I am so grateful for this time.

The surgery is set for the 19th of August.

I am interviewing for jobs, but not too motivated since surgery is looming. I have no idea how long the recovery will be, so I wouldn't want to promise anything to an employer...and thank goodness, at this point I don't have to.

And I am here. With Ben, my 17 year old son. We're accomplishing so much and having so much fun and chanting together too.

Every morning we watch the Tour de France. And we've got it taped so we can fast forward through the commercials. We enjoy it together.

Today we cleaned out some of the boxes in the basement from Mom's apartment. Phew. We cleaned out several other areas also, and have more to do. By the time I get set to move out, so much will have been done. I know it will be a lot...but we are making steady headway and that is tremendous. And we are enjoying each other so much. Ben is gifted with an incredible sense of humor and comic timing. And I'm on pain meds now and not in as much pain as before...and we are both relaxed and having fun with each other...even while doing a task that is emotional for us both.

Today I am realizing what a treasure I have right here...right now.

I love my life.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment