Thursday, March 7, 2013

Workplace Experience from a Reader


Hey Jamie-

As always you inspire me- you give me hope! 
Yesterday my CEO called a meeting for all employees 
and gave us the news that we are going to be laid off. 
We have this month of March to look for new opportunities. 
I got a jolt but immediately understood there is a reason 
and this will be the beginning of an absolutely new start!!! 
I am getting a chance to do abundant daimoku 
and make the causes my life needs.
What also unfolded yesterday was mystical. 
The young executive who reported to me 
was anti me right from the day I joined. 
We had rough rides. 
I took guidance and was told to chant a lot for her Buddhahood to emerge 
which was tough but never the less I did. 
It happened so naturally and effortlessly 
that she started having problems 
she could not deal with and 
I spoke to her about the practice. 
She started chanting. 
We changed the situation between us
 to the extent that she apologized to me 
for all the wrong things she spoke about me. 
The biggest benefit was when she agreed to attend the Discussion meeting this March! 
And yesterday we were told about the layoff 
which has her name too. 
I feel I joined the Company to help this young executive know the joys of the practice.
Thought to share this with you.

Best Reet

Thank you so much Reet. You've inspired us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment