Sunday, November 5, 2017

"At That Time" Our Determination Changes Everything!


(You can subscribe to this blog by putting your email in the box to the right) 

(I write this blog to share my journey, and use my life as an example that anything is possible throuch chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. I've been practicing Buddhism for 33 years with the SGI, but these writings, this blog, are from my heart to yours and not officially endorsed by any organization) 

Deciding to "Stand Up and Fight" Changes Everything!


The beginning of the "Expedient Means" chapter of the Lotus Sutra, which we recite during morning and evening Gongyo begins with the phrase "At that time the World Honored One calmly arose from his samadhi and addressed Shariputra"

In "The Heart of the Lotus Sutra" Daisaku Ikeda states: 

"In terms of our practice, therefore, I would like to stress that "that time" exists only when we pray to the Gohonzon and manifest determination and awareness of our mission for kosen-rufu. (World peace through our own human revolution - using our problems to FUEL our happiness and light the way of inspiration for all by showing the impossible is possible through our lives, notes mine, js) 

We have to make a determination, 
pray and take action. 
Unless we do so, 
our environment will not change in the least, 
though five or ten years may pass, 
that time" will never arrive.

Our single minded determination for kosen rufu, 
(a world of respect for all beings ~ JS) 
and that alone, 
creates the "time." 
"That time" is 
when we set our lives in motion, 
when we stand up 
of our own volition and by our own will and strength. "That time
is when we summon forth strong faith 
and take our place on the grand stage of kosen-rufu.

Right now we are gathering as an organization with the determination to unite 50,000 youth in November of 2018 to come together and realize the power of their own lives to change the world, and create lives of fulfillment and happiness through chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

We can EACH make our own determination to change that one thing in our lives that we haven't changed yet. Mine is fear, and good health. They are both tied together for me. And drawing my kosen-rufu partner to me. Right now I have just begun a job marketing a Senior Assisted Living Community. I see many people whose lives have changed due to health concerns. 

For the first few weeks on the job it was hard to do evening gongyo because I'd come home so tired. And gradually my life became harder and harder. So now, I make a fresh determination to chant every morning and evening no matter how tired I am. Life will become easier and easier. I know this from past experience...

If you're not chanting every morning and every evening, doing shakubuku and studying please do it. Your life will become YOURS in so many ways. 

This morning I am bringing two new girlfriends and one of my favorite friends-in-faith to Kosen-rufu gongyo at the Tampa Bay Center. I hope you enjoy your kosen rufu gongyo, too!  

It's now or never! We need to bring forth our own wealth of youthfulness as we chant and take action for the youth of the world! 

Goethe writes, 
"The moment alone is decisive; 
Fixes the life of man, 
and his further destiny settles." 
"That time" is the moment you resolve 
from the depths of your heart: 
"Now I will stand up and fight!" 
From that moment, 
your destiny changes. 
Your life develops. 
History begins. "

(note from Jamie: When I sit in front of my Gohonzon, and look into the mirror of my life... I chant in appreciation for my problems and VOW to show actual proof to others that the impossible is possible, and that each one of my problems leads us closer to a world of happiness for all...because one more woman stood up and said "NO WAY!" "I will WIN!" I picture the outcome already secure and chant in happiness.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment