Friday, September 30, 2011

The Voice of the Roaring Lion Within! THe REAL Power of Dailmoku!!!

The biggest benefit chanting can give you is the opportunity every morning and evening to connect with your highest, best, most important and powerful self. 
I am sitting here right now in front of the Gohonzon chanting that no matter how cold it gets in Chicago, I will not let the feeling of despair that I often get in this weather overcome me....neither will I let the urge to eat everything in sight and inflate my body like a balloon happen! 


No way!


 I am saying this in my prayer! I am declaring to the universe within that that karma...the one I shared with my entire family...that is gone forever from my life through the POWER of my own DAIMOKU. The power of my own life determination and ichinen. 
THIS is the truest power of daimoku....the power of facing what it feels like and looking the negative function right in the eye and saying NOOOOOOOO. This negative function has no more power in my life!
Remember the scene  in the Lord of the Rings...from the Fellowship of the Ring, when Gandolph confronts the huge fire dragon (sorry, I forget his name) in the mines....and he screams "You shall not pass?" and the dragon falls into the pits (yes I know Gandolph does fall down there with him....but then he emerges even more powerful)....
Life is a struggle like this, against our own internal negative functions that seek to defeat us and bring us down. 


Today, even amidst this cold...depressing weather when I feel heavy and sad....I am saying NOOOOOO You shall not pass! I will still be my real self...my encouraging self....my happy self no matter what. I will not retreat into the world of finding food for comfort like my karma has been. I've lost 70 pounds and I'm going to keep it off. That story is done. 
I am sitting here in front of the Gohonzon chanting and telling my life how strong I have become....and how strong I must stay....for the sake of the members in my district....for the sake of my wonderful blog readers.....I have vowed victory in all areas of my life!!!!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! The Lion is Roaring!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Its good to see your new posts frequently. I visit your blog every single day and even though I am still struggling to incorporate chanting to my daily routine but, your blog never let's me forget about it. Its good to see how far you have come and prospered.

    ReplyDelete