Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Joyously ~ Forever On

Thank you so much for all your emails and letters. It is wonderful to receive real mail from real people and not just bills! My address is at the bottom of this post. 

My dear friend Joy read this poem at Ben's Life Ceremony. She said he'd written it himself, through her pen, that very day: 

Joyously ~ Forever On 

What was missing was the rock, 
A place for me to stand.
A place for me to look 
Over the vast land.

But I was sucked down to the bottom
Of a canyon steep and dry
I saw dark chamber walls
As I gazed up at the sky. 

I could hear all of you calling
"Ben, Ben, come on."
But the echoes tore my ears to shreds 
As my hope was all but gone. 

I was locked up in a cage
And I caught a glimpse of light
My heart opened up a bit
And I actually felt just right. 

Now in endless open space
The bars and dark are gone.
All that lies is endless plains
And the horizon - rising sun.

The chains broke off
My heart did sing.
The lightness finally 
joy did bring.

I run like wind.
I write my songs.
I compose poems
All day long. 

I sprinkle smiles 
on Mom and Dad.
Aaron too,
And the clan.

My sparkly eyes 
see broken hearts
But live on 
Yes, you can.

I'll show you how
For blessed with light
I'm with you anytime
Day and night.

I'll touch you
Hug You 
Sing you songs

All while I run 
Joyously
Forever 
on 

Jamie Lee Silver
17W702 Butterfield #104
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181



4 comments:

  1. Jamie, what a blessing to have a friend like Joy!
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! You live on in all our hearts forever dearest Ben! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful this is jamie;! I have been following u up v closely n I see ur life condition n marvel! You n ur son are always in my prayers. Tk u so much for sharing ur life n encouraging us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! You will remain in our hearts forever Ben! Your life is an inspiration for all of us! <3

    ReplyDelete