Wednesday, November 4, 2015

5 Sure Fire Ways to Super-Charge Your Life, Strengthen Your Life and GET RESULTS!



(You can now subscribe to this blog by putting your email in the box to the right) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like the ocean that remains calm in its depths even when waves rage over its surface, and like the sun that continues shining on high even during storms, we can at each moment create value and develop our state of life, enjoying our existence to the fullest in times of both suffering and joy.

Daisaku Ikeda, Ikedaquotes.org Self-Mastery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you know, if you've been reading this blog, I use my own life to encourage people. I am determined to show through my actions, through my results, through my heart and my passion that this practice works. 

And, I've been chanting 2 hours a day since September 20th. There are days I haven't gotten to 2 hours, but that is my goal every day, and I make it more often than not.

I am following the SGI formula for success:
1. Chant abundant Daimoku
2. Practice for yourself and others 
3. Study the writings of Daisaku Ikeda and Nichiren Daishonin
4. Go for Guidance with your senior leaders
and, I would add -  
5: Have a great suffering to alleviate, or a great desire...in other words BE MOTIVATED! 

My perspective on what just happened in my life...the death of my son...is changing through my Daimoku. I am generating real, true appreciation for having had this wonderful, inspiring light in my life for 22 years. And when I feel this sincerely, it replaces the deep, dark sadness, at least for awhile. I am finding that the sadness comes in waves. I can be my bright and shiny self...and then suddenly swept away by sadness. I think this is normal. Even Buddhists grieve. I chant through my tears when this happens. 

As I chant to realize the greater meaning of all of this, I am seeing that my son expiated karma for himself, and helped me to expiate my karma too. All of this will keep unfolding. 

I met a senior leader after Kosen-Rufu Gongyo on Sunday. I told her I still have some regrets of things I wish I had done differently while Ben was still alive. She told me to chant to rid my life of any doubt that I did the right thing. And that when I rid my life of this doubt it would be a profound strengthening of my faith. And I've been following that guidance. 

I didn't realize that regrets about my actions from back then were actually manifestations of DOUBT. She really gave me something to think about and chant about. This is why guidance from senior leaders is so important. It's important to go to your own senior leaders. And the higher your life condition is - the more you will understand what the senior leader says. How do you raise your life condition? Chant! 

Danny Nagashima told me Ben will be reborn shortly, and he'll be 14 in the year 2030. What a wonderful thought. What a wonderful thought. It makes me think of the power of Daimoku....all that daimoku I chanted for him will be affecting him in his next life, right? It went into his life, not just this lifetime. Pretty cool. 

As I chant, I am deepening my faith and my perspective. And my life is rocking! My work-life is a blast! I'm doing more and more speeches, and enjoying each day. And I'm refocused on my health and fitness. I am determined to look and feel better than I EVER have. I'm already showing great progress! What a great way to heal!

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post Jamie as always you inspire me and give me motivation by sharing all your personal thoughts and feeling . Thanks so much for everything .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie for sharing your grief. Take your time.
    My favorite Gosho has always been: Happiness in this world.

    Love
    Dia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jamie, I am forwarding you're email/blog to my sister, Loren Braithwaite-Kabosha, General Director For South Africa, so that she may share it with her members.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much. To share your inspiring experience. My own son is missing. He disappear many years ago.. I appreciate this guidance to fight against this feeling of culpability.this guidance is helping me to stop doubting. NMRK.
    With my warmest regards. Myriam

    ReplyDelete