Wednesday, October 16, 2013

PowerPrayer for a Harmonious Family


As Nichiren buddhist, we know that wars begin and end within our own hearts. and I know from personal experience that we sometimes turn against the ones we love when we are really stressed and challenged. But we know, we really know, that the answer lies in our determination to create a harmonious family, and to change our own, and our family's karma with our determined Daimoku. (Chanting of nam-myoho-renge-kyo). 

Daisaku Ikeda states: 

A person who respects others is respected by others in return. Those who treat others with compassion and concern are protected and supported by others. Our environment is essentially a reflection of ourselves.
From Ikedaquotes.org

Daimoku can change ANYTHING. It can change inharmonious relationships, and give us the courage and wisdom we need to make changes in our lives. 

With that in mind, I offer you the PowerPrayer for a Harmonious Family. Usually we read PowerPrayers before chanting so that we can keep our determinations and prayers fresh in our minds while sonorously chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the title of the Lotus Sutra and the name of the rhythm of life itself. Chanting allows us to tap into the vast resources our lives already possess, raise our life conditions and become absolutely happy...possessing the type of happiness that is not swayed by daily changes in our lives.  Chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is the most powerful cause we can make for our lives. 

That's it! 

The following PowerPrayer is an excerpt from the upcoming book The BuddhaZone, PowerPrayers for Chanting Your Way to Absolute Happiness and Success by Julia Landis and Jamie Lee Silver. 
Please do not copy and past the PowerPrayer. You can share it by emailing the url chantforhappiness.com or using the sharing buttons at the bottom of the post. Thanks! 


PowerPrayer for a Harmonious Family

Life!
I am Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
I have the power to chant happiness and harmony for my whole family

With every daimoku I am picturing us happy
I am erasing years of karma with every Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

With every Daimoku I am summoning appreciation for my loved ones. I appreciate them more and more. 

For every fault, sickness, sadness, problem I see in my family ~
I chant to change this in MYSELF so that the karma of the whole family is changed! 

I am chanting happiness and harmony into my family

My prayer is enough!

I will not give up

I am tearing every bit of karma that makes any of my family members suffer - I am tearing that karma out by the roots. 
My family will never be the same. 

I will not give up!

I will have a happy family that will shine as a beacon of hope to all who are suffering. 

My chanting gives me the wisdom to communicate with composure and compassion. 

I am the Buddha!

I chant specifically for these outcomes:______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



10 comments:

  1. Awesome...this prayer has miracle...actually changing the negative karma of family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this "The BuddhaZone, PowerPrayers for Chanting Your Way to Absolute Happiness and Success" by Julia Landis and Jamie Lee Silver available online??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! This is a wonderful prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your prayers are wonderfully uplifting and supercharged....thank u so much Jamie ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jamie. Just what I was looking for. This prayer is a beacon of hope for me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jamie, just what I was looking for. It's a beacon of hope for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Jamie.Too powerful prayer to change oneself and bring hope to others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to use this power prayer for the men in my family (husband, son and young grandson). Aggression, drinking and lack of a spiritual base all lead to suffering. This is going back many years in the history of my husband. I feel full of determination and hope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Jamie,and deepest Gratitude for such powerfull prayer.Since I have encountered this prayer I have been praying on accordance with it and made a determination to achieve a peaceful , happy and harmonious family .
    Thank you so much once again 🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete