Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Look at the Comment I just got!


From a reader:

"Great idea for a book and I even love the suggested title!! We need more books on this Buddhism out there for those who are searching. Best of luck to you."

The working title for my book is:
Chant your way to happiness:
30 days to a brand new you!
Cool huh!
You readers are amazing! Thank you so much for the support and encouragement! I have been writing the book proposal for six hours tonight, and that encouragement could not have come at a better time!  Thank you! Keep your comments coming. 
I also got a request about how to stop smoking. Several members in my district have successfully stopped smoking. I'll ask them what worked for them and get back to you. It's way past my bed time right now....but I'm so excited about making my dreams come true...and helping people find this practice through my books! Night Night!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have to agree with the other comment. It's a great idea for a book, and the world needs more books on this subject.

    People who are searching for a practice such as this will inevitably find it. I, for example, stumbled across daimoku for the first time in a biography of Andy Kaufman (of all people!)

    It was just a passing reference, but I instantly understood in far more detail than the book went into. I simply intuited a great deal about the practice - and then researched afterwards to confirm that I was right.

    And this happened at precisely the right moment in my life too.

    But it was all rather serendipitous. More books actually devoted to the subject will allow more people to find the practice more simply and directly. How cool is that?

    I'd also add that you are the perfect candidate to write such a book. The real joy and enthusiasm you bring to this blog has proven to be a great encouragement to me throughout what are proving to be difficult times.

    On occasion, I have checked your blog and found you have written precisely what I needed to read at exactly the moment I needed to read it - and it has kept me going. So thank you for that.

    And I hope you can bring the level of inspiration you have to me to as many people as possible through your writing, both on this blog and in your books(s). I wish you nothing but success with this enterprise.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete