Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Treasures of the Heart

Valentine's Day is always a challenging day for me...here we are in the middle of winter...it's dark...dreary...and I am mindful of the people who used to be in my life who have died...so I chanted really strongly this morning, and came home after work and headed straight for the Gohonzon...vowing one more time to be absolutely happy for the sake of Kosen Rufu...

And now I'm taking a moment to share the following with you:


As Nichiren Daishonin says, the treasures of the heart are most important of all. 
This is the Valentine I received today from my sweet Benjamin who is a freshman at Miami University of Ohio. 
He wrote this for me, and gave me permission to share it with you:






HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

You make me strong
You make me creative
You make me compassionate
You make me courageous

You brighten my world from an uninspired monotony
You help me see beyond my narrow-mindedness
You love me fully even when I am difficult
You accept me fully not just my future potential

Its amazing to have a mom like you
...unbelievable really
I don't know who I would be today
If I didn't have your love and support

Love You Mom!


Ben


What beautiful words from my spectacular boy. I love words more than anything...more than flowers (well, I love flowers too) and more than almost anything else!

Sending all my love out to you, my blog readers! May you bask in whatever love means to you today...all day...and every day! Love Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment