Monday, September 8, 2014

5 Keys to Getting Guidance in Faith and Breaking Through!




Guidance in Faith 
What a wonderful part of our practice in the Soka Gakkai.  

Getting Guidance in Faith can propel us in the direction of our absolute happiness. 

When we get guidance we pour out our heart to a leader, and open our lives to how we can realign our attitude and "arrow" of faith to bring about our own breakthrough. 

How do we know when we need guidance?  

We may feel hopeless. 
We are not reaching our targets. 
Chanting feels like a habit, but not a generator of results. 
We have a hard time doing shakubuku. 
We are discouraged and feel we've hit a wall. 

I'm going to give you some of my insights on getting guidance in the SGI. As always, I write from my heart, and do not express the SGI in an official SGI capacity. I share my heart and experience with you. 

I have been going for guidance since the early days of my practice. 

When did I get guidance? When I felt stuck. When chanting just didn't seem to be doing it for me. When there was a wall so high I could not see over it....even though I practiced, studied, did shakubuku...you may be able to relate. 

Guidance is serious. The person giving you guidance will not tell you what actions to take in your life. But they might help you rewire your thoughts so that you can focus in the right direction of your happiness in your prayers.  It takes courage to go for guidance. AND it can really open your life. 

Here are 5 keys to getting guidance that I follow:

1. Chant about it. I know, it sounds obvious, doesn't it? But I mean it. Chant about what you want to get guidance about. What breakthrough do you want to create? Write it out if you like. That's what I do to clarify my thoughts.  Chant to connect with the leader who will help you to open your life. 

2. Work with your leaders to get an appointment set up. When you have an appointment CHANT CHANT CHANT in the days before the appointment. Chant that this will be THE exact guidance you need to hear and that you will embrace it and have the breakthrough you are seeking. This is for your life. No one tells you you have to get guidance. This comes from our own seeking spirit alone. 

3. Invite a friend or fellow leader to come and take notes while you are getting the guidance. This can be very helpful. I know sometimes it can be hard to really hear, I mean really hear, what the person giving guidance is saying....especially if they are showing you a key to correcting your attitude that will really help you. 

4. When you go home follow the guidance. Read the notes every day. Chant to understand "with your life" what you heard in guidance. Chant for the courage to carry it out in your heart and in your mind. 

5. Report back to the person who gave you guidance when you have your breakthrough. What a great thing to do! 

Here's to YOUR breakthrough! 



No comments:

Post a Comment