Wednesday, March 22, 2017

THIS Daimoku is changing my karma NOW!

(You can now subscribe to this blog by putting your email in the box to the right)

What kind of daimoku (the chanting of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo)
changes our lives? 
The answer is ALL kinds of daimoku - 
the chanting of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the mystic law, changes our lives and changes our karma...
But I have a question. Do you sometimes chant with all the best intentions while thinking "I don't know why I'm doing this...it's just one more time to chant but I don't feel it, and really, I'm feeling kind of hopeless?" 

And the first thing I'll say is "Congratulations for keeping your promise to yourself and showing up to chant. THAT in itself will change your life. 

So, I've been thinking about the quality of my own chanting and I have something I want to share with you. (As you know, I do not represent the Soka Gakkai, I belong to it, but this is not a Gakkai publication. I love the organization and have been a member since 1985. And I started this blog in 2009 to overcome my own heartache, and to show, through my own example, that anything is possible when we base our lives on the Gohonzon.( 

And lately my daimoku has been very strong, 
because as I chant I am thinking:

NOW! With THIS Daimoku I am changing my karma. 
Now this very Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is THE Nam-myoho-renge-kyo that is changing_____________________________on the inside of my life. 
Whatever you want to change...have the conviction that:
THIS Daimoku!
THIS Daimoku!
THIS Daimoku!
Is the one that does it! 

Here's to YOU and your happiness and success! 
Go Buddha GO! 

9 comments:

  1. Thank you Jamie.this daimoku is going to change my karma.with this conviction I take vow to walk again and overcome my gullien berry syndrom/total body paralysis disease for ever.prafulla Das.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jamie your blog is very encouraging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jamie for such encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jamie! How are you doing? It's been close to three weeks since you last posted. Hope everything is fine.

    ReplyDelete