Sunday, October 11, 2009

2 hours already done by 10am today!

Just finished chanting two hours at the Illinois Activity Center on Irving Park Rd. I led the daimoku for half an hour. It felt so good! As always I chanted for us to join prayers with Daisaku Ikeda for world peace...and for each person in the room to have a breakthrough during our time of chanting today.

At the moment the cause is made ~ the victory is assured!


I chanted to expand my speaking about this practice...and received several ideas for speeches and organizations to contact. I have such a passion for public speaking. I enjoy it so much and the room full of people just lights up.

I chanted for so many people and for my family...and I feel taller and stronger and hardier. I chanted for friends of the present and friends of the past and for our President Barack Obama. I feel he needs our prayers now more than ever. It is so easy for people to criticize and deride. Chanting for peace in our land and our world is something Nichiren Daishonin recommended in the Gosho...and it really makes so much sense. Whether we agree with our leader or not, chanting for their health and wisdom is a wise choice!

2 comments:

  1. Could you post a sound file to download or a link to another site so we can hear the correct way to chant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx2kZjPoc2o

    I think you may be able to get to this through here. Or, type in Nam Myoho Renge Kyo on youtube and you'll find it. I'll see if I can figure out how to put an audio file on here!
    Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete