Monday, November 22, 2010

What a great Day ~Amidst a string of great days!

Today was just the best. Aaron Michael, my 20 year old son who goes to
the University of Illinois is back for the whole week. That's longer than he was home all summer. We've had a wonderful weekend together...he is so strong and happy. Everything he's wanted to break through is coming to pass...his inner strength just continues to shine brighter and brighter.

Today we spent the day at the Shedd Aquarium. His idea. We had a blast reading the minds of the fish...and reciting an ongoing monologue. I'm quite sure each of the fish really were speaking to us in their own ways. My favorite ones I called the Jamie fish...they were bright orange and pink. I'll see if I can email a picture here. We just laughed our way along. Then we went to Zapatistas ~ our favorite downtown spot right by the SGI culture center for dinner.

The weekend was sparkly...I got the chance to meet several new friends.

And tomorrow ~ the 23rd of November is Benjamin Lee Silver's 18th birthday. I'm going to surprise him in the morning with french toast and the DVD of How to Train Your Dragon. It's a delightful show. Ben loves it! 18 years old...what a concept. All I can remember from being 18 was a lifetime of longing...and feeling completely unfulfilled. I was truly living in the world of hunger. What I would have given to have been able to chant...to have known about it. Aaaaaahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment