Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Saturday!

Hello! 
I have been chanting about my challenges, and I have also been having a lot of fun! 
As I mentioned in an earlier blog I am so rich with friendships and love. 
I look around my life and am really astonished by the depths at which I have changed my karma regarding relationships. I have more girlfriends than I can count, and the group who knows each other is growing all the time. All these friends are bright, positive, happy, creative women! And I meet more every day. Yesterday one of my dearest friends stopped by and we read Maya Angelou's poem "I Rise" together. What a masterpiece from a true goddess of our lifetime. 
Another friend invited me over to introduce her 9 year old nephew to chanting. I went over and gave him his own beads, a few copies of "friends for peace" and we chanted the magic words that would get rid of his nightmares and immediately made him very happy! Children are so open. And a few moments of chanting begins to open up their world! 


And on the subject of  friendships...
 I can't help thinking back to kindergarden when I was 5 years old and a little girl and I were sitting next to each other in a large circle and she got up and moved to a different part of the circle because she didn't want to sit next to me. That began a long pattern in my life that lasted many years. I had a few friends here and there, and I am so grateful for them...but I was an outsider with few friends for all of my school years. In college I had the fortune to meet my new friend Jenny on the very first day and we roomed together for the rest of college and had a blast...but I still felt like an outsider most of the time. 


Once I became a Buddhist I chanted for friendships. I chanted to change whatever I needed to change in myself to have friends. And now...I really have what I chanted about...constant fun invitations with people I adore being with...celebrations...and friends who know each other. 
I also chanted a lot about my love life and I am very happy in that area too. Busy! Happy! Enjoying life! I feel so fulfilled!
Remember you can change ANY karma through chanting!!!! If I can have a circle of friends...If I can make the impossible happen...so can YOU!!!
It did not happen overnight for me. You WILL change some things overnight. You will see some immediate results, but some karma is tougher than others. It is different for every person. 
Remember "karma" is not the same as "fault". Please realize you are not to blame for whatever you are experiencing...but you are at CAUSE for making whatever changes you want in your life!!! 


You make the most profound cause by chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo consistently to make that change. President Ikeda says (and I'm paraphrasing here): "The important thing is the KEEP CHANTING until you do get the benefit!" Of course! Don't give up!
This morning I will sit down and chant another tozo on your behalf, on all of our behalf...on the whole world's behalf. 
Join me! Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment