Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Works


"What is easily done can be easily undone. To move steadily forward on one’s chosen path, step after step, whether or not others are watching; to meet difficulties with the steady, relentless strength of ceaselessly flowing water—such firmness of purpose, such integrity and perseverance builds a foundation that can never be compromised." 
Daisaku Ikeda

Last night's SGI meeting at my house was amazing, just as amazing as this whole week and whole life has been. 
If you follow this blog you know that I chanted 7 hours on Monday (3 in the morning, 1 after working out, and 3 more at night after I returned from a third meeting about a prospective job). Tuesday I chanted another two hours and Wednesday I went to visit and encourage a member who needed guidance. 

I was chanting for confidence and to do the right thing regarding this prospective job. I chanted to discard the transient and reveal the true of my life and potential, and to have absolute confidence in my life. I chanted to root out the karma of being in the state of hunger (a definite family karma that has been passed down through the generations, and I am determined to STOP this karma now and forever). Hunger is one of the four lower worlds marked by insatiable desire that is never thoroughly quenched. In the unenlightened state it is a cause for deep suffering, in it's exalted state it can be expressed as desire for Kosen Rufu and to guide people to happiness. I chanted to desire most what is BEST for my life. I chanted to only accept this job if it's the absolutely right job for Kosen Rufu. I chanted for America and the strength and wisdom of our leaders. I chanted for kosen Rufu (World Peace) I chanted for my sons and every member and all of the readers of this blog. And I chanted for shakubuku and for at least two people to receive their Gohonzons on Wednesday night at my meeting. 

Right before the meeting I had a moment of anxiety about the outcome of all these job interviews. Then I looked at my email and there were several from readers thanking me for this blog. I realized I just HAVE to trust my life and my prayer. If this job is good for me I will accept it. If not, a better one will come along. I can relax and trust the process of my Daimoku. 

Right before the meeting Aaron, my son in Medical School showed up to surprise me. He makes as many Wednesday nights as he can, but Med School keeps him pretty busy. 

At the meeting Patty received her Gohonzon joyfully, She is full of enthusiasm for this practice, just like I was, and still am. I look forward to posting her experience here. We asked if anyone else wanted to receive a Gohonzon and Aaron said it was time for him to get a large Gohonzon (he's been practicing with a small Omamori since he left for college in 2008). He said he knows he will take on a huge challenge in life. Every day in Med School they are presented with opportunities for doctors to make major differences all over the world. Yesterday he learned of a need for doctors in a certain region of Ghana. This summer he will go to Bolivia. He said he is determined to strengthen his practice and life, and knows the significance of getting a large Gohonzon. And he's very aware he has to OWN his practice. He doesn't chant to make his mother (me) happy. He has to chant for the strength of his own life. Can you imagine how happy this made me? 

Daimoku absolutely works. And you don't just get what you chant for. You get so much more!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

5 comments:

  1. Hey there, you are just plain awesome and this post was like an answer to my prayers and questions. I don't know if you still have the outcome of your interview but I am sure whatever is best would have happened. I recently got accepted in a school for MBA and I am awaiting results of another school. The other school is my first choice and I have been chanting about it and my leaders have been suggesting me to chant for the best school. But I just could not because my desire or as you said hunger is for the other school. I was having so much anxiety this morning about this whole thing and I did not know what to do. Reading your blog certainly helped. I am just going to trust the law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get the job? I chant too, but I am losing faith since things are going wrong. I am also looking for a steady job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm also introduced to this practice, and doing my daimoku every day, I'm from Kazakhstan and Iwould like to get gohonzon, I could copy it from internet, but I've been told that there might be incorrect ones. Can you tell please, how can I get it, shall I write you my mail adress? thank you for such a beautiful and inspiring blog))) I'm Dinara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haw can I get gohonzon? I'm from Kazakhstan/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking for a job too and new to the practice. How can I realize my dream?

    ReplyDelete