Thursday, May 9, 2013

Resolving to Take Action, and Never Giving Up

"Resolving to take action
is proof that you are progressing. 
Even if you have the tendency 
to make a determination 
but only stick to it for two or three days, 
just keep renewing that determination
Then you will become the kind of person 
who can persevere and reach their goals."

Daisaku Ikeda, Ikedaquotes.org

I remember one of my early Buddhist leaders would always say "How many chances to you get to remake your determination? As many as you want! Just keep remaking that determination again and again and again and again and sooner or later it will stick!" 

This always gave me hope, because sometimes a determination would be strong for a minute, sometimes a week, sometimes almost not at all...but I continually forgave myself and remade the determination again and again...and gradually my life changed just by not giving up.  

Don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment