Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Life is Eternal ~ Letters from Ben Part Two


Oh my goodness! Did you see today's Gosho quote?

"The sutra states, 
"If there are those who hear the law, 
then not one will fail to attain Buddhahood." 
This means that, 
even if one were to point at the earth and miss it, 
even if the sun and moon should fall to the ground, 
even if an age should come 
when the tides cease to ebb and flow, 
or even if flowers should not turn to fruit in summer, 
it could never happen 
that a woman who chants Nam-myoho-renge-kyo 
would fail to be reunited with her beloved child. 
Continue in your devotion to faith, 
and bring this about quickly!"

(Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Volume 1, page 1092)
The Gift of Clear Sake
Written to the lay nun Ueno on January 13, 1281

And I answer Nichiren Daishonin "YES!" 
I am reunited with my beloved, eternal child. 
And I can teach anyone how to connect with their loved ones as well, and how to chant the Mystic Law. 
I have been chanting for a clear path, for certainty, and for me to be aware of the doors opening so I can step right on through. Thank you!
I am collecting quotes in Buddhism that support eternal life and the naturalness of this type of communication. Do you have any to share with me? Write me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com

In light of this, I'd like to share another exchange between me and my Ben. For those new to this site, Ben "died" (I hate to use that word. Yes, he did die as we commonly understand it, but he is alive in spirit. Do you have any suggestions of words or expressions I could use instead of that one?) on July 2nd, 2015 when he was 22. He had been suffering from Schizophrenia for almost 3 years. 

On 7/23/15 I wrote:

Dearest boy, 
how I miss you, 
yet how grateful I am that your suffering is over. 
Do you have any words for me, 
heart of my heart...dear child of mine?

And As I was writing the above words, I could already hear his words coming into my brain - and I kept my pen to the paper and I wrote:  
My son Aaron is on the left, Ben is on the right

Mom, 

It is not over, our love goes on
Nothing can keep us apart. 
Not time
Not space
Not death
Not even death. 
We are together forever and ever. 
Even if it looks like I am gone
I am not
I am right here
beside you
smiling at you
With my arms around you
and you know, seeing my smile, 
you know that this lifetime is not all, 
is not it, is not over. 


We will live on

We do live on
We will always live on
You, me, in every incarnation
Laughing, loving, with our hearts smiling. 


This lifetime, this last one, 

I got sick. 
I got so sick. 
But next one? Watch out!
We will be born together 
and all that negative karma will be gone
Poof. Gone. 
And we will share, share, share 
and bask, bask, bask
bask, bask, bask
in the light of our love. 


Your Forever Ben


1 comment: