Saturday, January 2, 2016

3 Point Vow for Happiness, Human Revolution and World Peace!


Today, January 2nd, 
 is President Ikeda's 88th Birthday. 

Happy Birthday Sensei!

Entering the New Year, I feel such gratitude to be able to chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo along with my mentor, Daisaku Ikeda, and along with all of you, my friends all over the world. I have been hearing from so many of you...all my courageous friends. 

Please don't despair. Please don't give up. 

Strengthen your faith more than ever. Build your foundation by chanting twice a day every day, studying the Gosho by Nichiren Daishonin, and encouraging others to chant. 

We all live noble lives as Votaries of the Lotus Sutra. Our great vow in life is to usher in the new age of light, of happiness, of respect and love. We call it kosen-rufu, and I believe every person longs for this new world. Everyone longs for a world of peace, a world of no violence, a world of love. How do we do this? We do it through our own Human Revolution. 


We do our Human Revolution by making our great vow for kosen-rufu. This causes us to change from within our lives...and, like a body and a shadow, when we change internally, our environment changes to reflect that. 

Recently a friend went to a new doctor and was amazed by how respectfully she was treated. She's been practicing really strongly - chanting lots of daimoku consistently. I said "Yes, you were treated respectfully because you've made the change internally in your life, and your environment is changing to reflect that!" That's how it works. Internal cause - external effect. 

Making a great vow is the perfect way to kick off the new year. It's the kick start for making internal change. Here's my vow. Feel free to use it as the basis for your 2016 vow.

 3 Point Vow 
for Happiness, 
Human Revolution 
and World Peace - 
Kosen Rufu - a world of respect for all!
By Jamie Lee Silver, Chantforhappiness.com: 

1. I vow to use my life for Kosen Rufu. I vow to use every thought, every action, every word and every prayer to transform my life, to discard the transient and reveal the true, and to change the world through tapping into the power my life inherently possesses through chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, studying Buddhism, doing shakubuku and deepening my connection with my mentor-in-life Daisaku Ikeda.  

2. I vow to live my life as an example that happiness, absolute happiness, is possible. I vow to use my life as an inspiration for people to learn about chanting, and become happier than they ever imagined possible. 

3. I vow to win in all areas of my life, NO MATTER WHAT! I will win in health, love, happiness, friendships, family, (both my real family and my Gakkai family) work, writings and wealth for the sake of Kosen Rufu. 

This year is 2016. 
I have always been protected financially throughout my practice of chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo twice a day every day for the last 30 years. I have never longed for anything or gone into any kind of debt. 

If I can chant to change my life from the inside out, and have all these results, so can you. 
I am always chanting my vow of kosen-rufu. 

"Life! let me accomplish THIS ________so I can inspire others!" Your prayer is the same. Chant for what you want...exactly what you want. We all deserve to have our dreams come true. 

Happy New Year! 

Write me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com. Share your victories! 


4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Jamie. This is a wonderful blog, so determined, upbeat and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you Jamie from New Zealand. We had new year's chanting at our centre in Wellington with entertainment from the wee ones which always make me smile and an amazing experience from a member who return to live in Seattle after living with her family in NZ. She was back for a visit; and chanting for Sensei yesterday for his birthday.
    have a great 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year Jamie! From India ::)) heroes zoster caught me unawares n oylles me down for 2 weeks.so couldn't attend new year gongyo. Nevertheless I determine afresh for kosen rufu with my life cone what may.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blogs are wonderful and inspiring thanks

    ReplyDelete