Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Exuberance of Youth

Some Exuberant Youthful Energy!

Welcome to the blog about bringing forth your own potential through chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! I write this as a 31 year practitioner of SGI Buddhism, and do not officially represent the SGI. My goal is to use my life to show how amazing this practice is...and how to use chanting as an effective, practical tool. 

Friday night I participated in the filming of a documentary. Through very "myoho" circumstances I met Anya Solotaire when I went to watch my SGI friend James Cornolo perform. She told me she was producing a film on people's experiences with the unknown. I told her about Ben, and how he and I continue to write poetry and letters to each other through my own hand, even though he's not here physically anymore. 
She said "That's exactly what we're looking for!" and asked me some more questions. I told her about chanting, and chantforhappiness.com and about YOU and how much you are a part of my life, and Ben's story. 

So Friday night, Anya, Fred Frederiksen, and Sarah Stevens from Bummer Camp Productions came over to film. 

The first thing they wanted to do was chant with me, so we chanted for at least 15 minutes. WOW! They spent the next few hours filming. I read Ben's poetry and my poetry ~ we even sang The Circle Game. 

It was so refreshing to be around such bright and smart, and visionary young people. Ben's story continues!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
As for me, I continue to chant at least an hour every day, even though I am walking through a lot of grief right now. 
I've almost finished the flyer and promo materials for BensMemorialMile.com . You can check out the link to register for the June 11th event!

I'm preparing for a speech I'll deliver on Thursday morning called "Ushering in the New Age of Agelessness." You know how much I love this process! One day I will have all my speeches on the web for you. Next week I am starting courses in learning EFT, Tapping, Energy Freedom Technique. It will give me even more to offer you! 
I currently offer individual life coaching (not the same as guidance). 
You can email me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com for more information.  

As long as we keep waking up 
and heading to the Gohonzon, we will win. 
As long as we don't give up, we will win. 
As long as we keep studying, 
keep introducing others 
and keep chanting with all our hearts, 
We will win. 
We will win together! 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful experience you will have to add to the many you have already.
    I, too am a counsellor / life coach using my Buddhism wherever I am able too...we are so fortunate..thankyou again for your blogs which take time and love. Phyll

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too did 2 hours today....as I was waiting for teaching work to come in, fortunatelyt it didn't I did daimoku instead.

    ReplyDelete