Friday, March 18, 2011

You Never Have to chant for a long time

Regarding my last post, of chanting for 8 hours for Japan ~ I want you to understand.

You are never, and never will be required to chant for that long.

This is not a practice of things that you "have" to do.

I chose to take the opportunity to pour daimoku into the planet ~ along with other members on Wednesday...because I wanted to...I urgently felt the need to use my own energy to heal the suffering on the planet, and to pour protection into the reactors...and I knew the chanting would help my life too...because it always does.

But I don't want you to think this kind of chanting is EVER expected of a member. It isn't! People chant as long as they wish, and if they are smart, they chant twice a day, morning and evening because it establishes a rhythm, but no one is ever expected to chant 8 hours in a row!



2 comments:

  1. Hello SunshineBuddhaGirl,

    Let me preface this comment by saying I feel chanting brings one closer to their inner energy & spirit and I also practice Hindu mantras for healing & health.

    I happened to stumble across your positive blog & read about the Lotus Sutra form you POV and I am floored atthe chnages it can bring about towards one daily life. I'm not a fan of religion or prayers (sad to admit they never garnered the healing & happiness I've been seeking for most my life till I learned of chanting mantras of all kinds.)

    I don't have alot of time on my hands as a caregiver of 2 alzheimer ridden relatives of mine. I lost my job about 3 years ago & with no health insurance of my own my own health is slowly coming undone. Who knew caregiving can take a toll on one's emotions and cause inner turmoil from the inside out.

    Lately my spirit is calling for a break to find a FT job working in the accounting field & even collecting enough money to visit California, my other dream goal to enter & even win a few script writing contests... I made a dream/vision board of all these goals & pasted them on to the board. And I was wondering while focusing my sight on this board would it be ok to chant this very special daimoku mantra at it? How long do I need to chant each day to even make a dent at seeing any sliver of job manifestations come to life? I don't have 8 hours in my day much less 8 minutes to take a break from the caregiving I give but you blog posts make me beleive I deserve some sliver of happiness & surprises in my life too and was wondering would it be considered selfish on my end to chant this mantra to bring me to my goals or dreams that I seek to be happy?

    How many times a day do I need to chant this wonderful mantra 108 times, 1,008 times etc etc? for how long each day & night and when does one feel or even dare I say it see the results of this mantra come to fruition?

    Thank you for all the help you can send my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Just came across your blog and found a lot of inspiring things in here about the practise. I have been challenging unemployment as an architect for exactly 2 years now on June 15th today and have not had a breakthrough. I would appreciate your encouragement!
    Thanks
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete