Sunday, May 22, 2011

Really connecting to my Prayer

What does it mean to connect with your prayer? How do you know that you are maximizing the power within your life when you chant? 


If you've been reading my blog you know what you are thinking as you're chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo is very important. In the moment you are chanting you HAVE THE POWER to change your own karma...to affect the causes you are making at every second of every day and to truly make your dreams come true. According to Buddhism the purpose of life is HAPPINESS! And you can claim yours every time you chant!


How? 


First of all chant to deepen your prayer...and to have the kinds of benefits that PROVE the power of the Gohonzon...in other words PROVE the power of your own life and prayer. 


Make a list of what you want and REMEMBER you are not asking anyone or anything for anything...you are VOWING to become happy! You are VOWING to achieve your dreams...you are VOWING to show actual proof so that those around you can become happy too. We are ALL INTERCONNECTED. When I win in life...all those around me win too. Look at your own life and you know this to be true. When you are happy, aren't those around you happy too? And it goes deeper than that...we are interconnected in the web of life...all of life is strengthened when you are strengthened. 


Studying the words of Nichiren Daishonin and Daisaku Ikeda are essential to learn how to apply the principles of Buddhism. I am indebted to them!


I view my life as the prow of a huge ship. When I make the causes to be happy...I am chanting for the entire ship behind me to be changed by my prayer...all living being to be made more happy through my prayer!


I look at my life right now...I am so steady and so strong. My relationships are incredible...I make new friends every day. I am healthy and my children are too. 
 This could be a horrible time for me. My youngest child is graduating High School. I could be mired in depression and despair. And I am certain, that if I did not chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo I would be miserable. I just think of my sweet mother. By the time my sister and I were graduating High School my Mom was at an all-time low. She had gained so much weight you could barely see her eyes. She was in a failed marriage...was feeling so unloved...and was watching her girls leave the nest. When my Dad announced he was divorcing her during my freshman year of college I was almost relieved. I knew her life had to change. (And it did...for the better) In a way he saved her life at that point. She didn't have a Gohonzon or know about chanting. I was not to find Buddhism until I was 25, and Mom began chanting the minute she saw my life getting stronger! She chanted for the rest of her life. 


Instead of suffering like my Mom did...I have the Gohonzon and fierce determination to help the members of my district and the readers of this blog become happier than they (YOU!) ever believed possible. I have a new thin body, a new pain-free hip, a new job, a new job, a fun dating life, and in a few days I will have my first apartment all by myself. My husband and I are amicably divorcing...and I chant for his happiness and appreciate our partnership in raising our boys, and we know our time together in a marriage is ending. My life is beginning again at the age of 50 and I am happier than ever. Every day I chant to see the causes I am making right now and to make the best causes for my happiness and the happiness of others. When I chant I vow deep in my heart to connect with Daisaku Ikeda and to show appreciation for his 50 year leadership of the SGI with my life. (sgi-usa.org)


I am truly happier, less depressed, less anxious than I have ever been. 
The future is bright for us all!!!!! 


That's actual proof!


Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment