Thursday, July 5, 2012

Focused Concentration

When SGI members chant, we focus our eyes on the scroll written in Japanese characters called the Gohonzon. 


I will go into the significance of the scroll at a later time. 


Right now I want to address our attitude while we chant. 


I've mentioned that I chant an hour every morning. Yesterday I decided to chant that hour without moving from my seat, without checking my iphone even once, without getting up for any reason, or even writing anything down. I glued my eyes to the beautiful scroll in front of me and let my desires flow. I chanted for my life to be a brilliant, shining example that this practice works, and for me to be able to inspire all of you that you can achieve ANYTHING, any HAPPINESS you desire. I chanted for the core of my life to strengthen immensely. 


And I realized how hard it was to just stay focused without interrupting my flow. It was hard! But I DID it. And I'm going to continue doing it. Everything else can wait. That hour communing with the universe is the most important hour of my day! It is the hour for the microcosm that is my life to connect with the macrocosm that is the universe. 


I am chanting for focus and concentration...and to increase my capacity in all areas of my life. 


You can chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo for anything you wish!!! 

See if you can deepen your connection while you are chanting. You are, after all, connecting with the source of your power and happiness!



Have you experienced a level of deepening connection? 
Tell me about it! Write me at silversunsinger@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment