Friday, July 20, 2012

You are the Universe...You are the Buddha...and so are we all!


This month's Living Buddhism Magazine is as amazing as always! 
 Please make sure you have your copy. Instructions for getting your subscription is at the bottom of this post. 


One of the most exciting aspects of chanting is the steady realization of how everything that is NOT BUDDHA about you is all illusion. 


When you chant to reveal - every day - the beautiful crystal clear and pure self inside,  then your life begins to shine more brightly. 


When your inner self shines more brightly your outer environment changes to reflect it. 


We call this the process of "Doing Human Revolution". There are many times when I didn't know what to chant...so I just focused my prayer on "doing my human revolution and raising my life condition." When you chant with this in mind your life will move forward...even if you don't know what to chant about. 


I know it must sound confusing. On the one hand I am always advising you to be as specific as possible in your prayer, and to write and rewrite your determinations. On the other hand I tell you that you can chant a general prayer like "raise my life condition." And truthfully, there is a place for both of these kinds of prayers. Sometimes we just don't know what we want. In the early years of my practice I chanted hours and hours to know what my mission in life was...why was I born...what am I here to do." Well, as you can tell, I did get the answer to my prayer! My life is moving forward in so many amazing ways! 
I hope yours is too!


To get your own publications:


Living Buddhism is published in America and available by calling 800-835-4558 or going to SGI-USA.org and subscribing on line. It is a beautiful monthly magazine filled with experiences and study material that will touch your heart and add fire to your prayers. The bi-monthly World Tribune comes along with your subscription. It is an essential part of practice to study these wonderful publications. I highly recommend them! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Jamie. This post has been very insightful and helpful.

    ReplyDelete