Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Overcome Bullying NOW!


Have you ever been bullied? 
Do you know anyone who is? 
Would you like to help them 
with this one simple realization and practice? 

Practical Buddhism is PRACTICAL. When we chant we solve our real world problems. No matter what the problem is, if we keep chanting we can change it. 

I HATE bullying. I have hated bullying ever since I was a young child and stepped in time and time again to stop bullying. And I also suffered from emotional and mental bullying. Because of asthma I was heavier than other girls, and sometimes it seemed like every boy at my High School just had to tell me how unacceptable I was. I KNEW there had to be a solution to this pain and it fueled my search for Buddhism.

Very early in my practice I learned I could stop bullying with one easy (yet difficult) technique. 
Chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo for the bully's happiness can STOP all kinds of bullying now. How can this be possible? 

First - a little background. As many of you know, Buddhist practice is based on each person awakening to the Mystic Law within them. The Mystic Law is the energy, the rhythm, the chord that runs through all of life, all sentient, all insentient beings, all rocks and all trees...all people. It is the law that binds us all together...and it has a name: Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. It means: "I fuse my life with the mystic law of cause and effect through sound vibration."

Anyone can gain benefit by intoning this name...Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. Anyone can chant. No one has to convert to Buddhism, change their way of thinking, change what they eat, how they act, who they are. Not in this practice. All we have to do is chant. The best way to chant and see the proof of practical Buddhism is to chant twice a day, every day, to join with fellow practitioners in the Soka Gakkai, the group of lay believers who are NOT run by any priesthood, and who help and support each other, and to study the works of Nichiren Daishonin and Daisaku Ikeda. 

(I write many posts about how to chant, and I can send you information about chanting if you email me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com. You can find out about the Soka Gakkai by clicking on the SGI portal to the right.) 

How do we get rid of bullies? Simple. We chant for their happiness. Truth. That is what we do. That is it. The secret formula. And at the beginning we don't even have to mean it. We just have to do it. And, because of the interconnectivity of all of life, what Buddhism calls "dependent origination", our prayers for people's happiness is also a prayer for our happiness. 

In my experience when we chant for people's happiness one of two things will happen: 

1. They will leave your environment...OR 
2. You and that person will become friends

This happens EVERY TIME. Don't take my word for it. You just have to experience it. 

You may ask "How can I chant for a person I don't even like?" You may also wonder "How can I chant for their happiness if I really don't desire their happiness?" 

These are valid questions. 

Here are the answers:

Even though these people seem totally separate from us, they are part of the web of life and we are all interconnected. The only reason they are bullies is that they are unhappy. Chanting for them changes US and changes THEM. We start out not wanting their happiness. That is fine. We can train ourselves to picture them with big smiles on their faces...huge smiles...and chant that way...day after day. Soon, we usually notice we actually do desire their happiness. We actually do. 

It doesn't matter if we have to fake it at the beginning. 
The result is the same. 

The first time I chanted for a bully's happiness was difficult for me too, at first. But I could see the connection. If she was happy, maybe she wouldn't be so mean to me all the time. (This was a person who worked in production department at the newspaper I sold advertising for) 
My results blew me away. 

I chanted for her happiness every day for a few weeks and she fell in love and moved away. 

I was thrilled! Since then I have used this technique every time I had someone in my life who was oppresing me or driving me crazy.  Each time they have either left my life, or we have become friends. 

My son changed a bully in third grade into a friend by chanting for him. 

My young member erased three bullies from her life by chanting for their happiness. All three of them moved away. Boom. Boom. Boom. At first she found it hard to chant for their happiness. but she did it. And now she has a story to tell. 

We are one with all of life. 

EVERYONE's unhappiness is our unhappiness. 

Everyone's Happiness is OUR Happiness! 

When you chant for a bully's happiness it WORKS!

Try it!

Email me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com



2 comments:

  1. hi my name is neha, facing similar problem but chanting has not helped me yet.how long does it take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes,you might just have to continue to see the results. I see your post is 5 years old. Hope you have achieved your victory!

    ReplyDelete