Monday, June 8, 2015

100 Day Gongyo Challenge! Let's Do It Together!

(You can now receive these posts in your inbox - 
just put your email in the box to the right!)

Myo Means "to Revive"

"Myo (wonderful or mystic) means to revive, that is, return to life."

...Though everyone else may have given up on someone, the Lotus Sutra does not. 
By embracing the Mystic Law, 
all people, without exception, 
can attain the life-state of Buddhahood. 
This is a brilliant light of hope 
that can fundamentally 
transform the destiny of humankind. 
The revitalizing power of the Mystic law 
is the energy source 
for transforming our lives 
from the depths of suffering 
into lives filled with the joy of value creation."  

Mr. Toda said:

"The power of the Gohonzon 
can only be described as myo - unfathomable. 
Benefit can absolutely be gained 
through faith in the Gohonzon. 
There's no way that your prayers will go unanswered. 

Use every spare moment to chant daimoku!" 
From the May 2015 Living Buddhism pages 34 and 35 by Daisaku Ikeda from the essay "on The Daimoku of the Lotus Sutra. 

It seems to me (Jamie Lee Silver, votary of the Lotus Sutra, practitioner of SGI Buddhism who strives to live her life as an example of what is possible - but not an official SGI spokesperson) that many of us are int he constant state of reviving our lives. 

I know it's true for me. I'm still recovering from what happened two weeks ago yesterday with my son Ben. He is still in the hospital and we are searching for answers for him. I am following my guidance as well. 

Last week I launched the 100 day Gongyo Campaign. I made a commitment (and invited you along) to pledge to do the most perfect Gongyo possible every single morning and evening. And what happened right away?
Well sometimes I feel when we are having our Buddhist meetings, the fundamental darkness is also having a meeting...plotting against us. I just emerged from a few days of real struggle and sadness. 

Today I walked for 20 minutes (which is just what I need to feel vibrant and alive) and I did perfect morning gongyo. I sat up really close to the Gohonzon, I kept my phone in the other room and I stayed glued to the Gohonzon for the whole hour. 
Tonight I will do the same.

So this 100 days is all about perfecting our practice as much as possible. I know we will get push-back from our lives...that's what happens. 
But I'm going to do it anyway. 
Join me on this adventure. This is why we call it a "practice"...over and over we have the chance to improve our practice and improve our lives from deep within! 

2 comments: