Saturday, October 27, 2012

Happy Saturday! Want to Chant 2 hours with us today?

Yayyy Saturday is here! 

Today, October 27th, I will have a group of people here chanting from 11am-1pm Chicago (Central) time. Please join us from wherever you are! It is a great day to chant. 

What are we doing when we chant? We are tapping into the life force of the entire universe and directing our prayers to our own life...which IS the life of the universe. We don't have to beg or ask for favors. We are not asking something OUTSIDE of ourselves to help us with anything. No. We are tapping into the rhythm that runs through every cell of every thing and every person everywhere. We are tapping into the greater connectedness of everything. THat is why your prayers are so effective. That is why you can chant for someone across the world and see the effect. 

One time many years ago, I saw a picture of a boy who had been burned in one of our many wars. All you could see was his angelic face and a woman hovering above his head holding it and talking to him. I cut this out of the newspaper and put it up by my altar. Something about that picture just moved me to action. I chanted for that little boy. I chanted for his healing and an end to all war and for the woman with him. Later, someone was at my house and saw the picture. She told me his story had continued with him being airlifted into Canada for advanced burn treatment. Our prayers work...whether we see the result that day or not. 

And our prayers build up over time. There are two types of benefit, conspicuous and inconspicuous. Of course you see conspicuous right away. But inconspicuous goes deep in your life and is there for when you really need it...like stopping that car accident from happening, or a lvele of well being just growing and growing in your life. 

Last week was a long week for me and I'm happy to have time to tidy my apartment (and CAR), have a few hours to chant with some others and just be grateful to be a live and healthy and happy. Chicago has wildly fluctuating temperatures and in this week we've had almost a 40 degree drop in temps. People are sick all over. So far I am still crossing my fingers and feel fine. I take a lot of vitamin D, a multivitamin and drink a lot of water. I also exercise at least 5 times a week. I just like the way it improves my spirits and helps get rid of that feeling that I am going to gain the wright back. (For those of you new to this blog I've lost 50 pounds permanently) This was absolutely something I tried to do all my life, and accomplished within the past few years. I carry around my before and after pictures and people don't recognize me from the picture. 

Today in my chanting I am going to focus on my career, the members of my district, my family and YOU, the readers of this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment