Wednesday, October 3, 2012

You WILL LOVE this post!!! A reader has a breakthrough!

Here is a great experience for you!
I originally heard from this reader in May. She and I exchanged several emails (not all of which I'm publishing here...but I promise, if you send me an email I will do my best to respond personally to you) 

My first email from this reader:

"I hope all is great.

Just been reading some articles on your blog and wanted to say thank you many times for 
your writings! I came into Buddhism after my heart was shattered too and every day I am feeling that I am letting go
and gaining a clear understanding of what kind of relationship I need. I also attracted a man who takes very good care of me
and who truly seems to like me. "

Later, she and I exchanged a few personal emails. Then she sent me an email describing how she had fallen and not gotten hurt, and how that incident was a realization for her as follows:


However, i realized that the focal point should be us asking Gohonzon
to strengthen our Buddhanature. 
Just as I fell physically and got back on my feet with great ease - it is important to cultivate and maintain a personality which is strong and well balanced. 
Reaching our goals is important, 
but many of them may only be reachable when we are truly ready spiritually
and psychologically. 
The main purpose is building that powerful self 
which can become capable of using all those benefits we ask for. 
So, I feel for having good relationships it is important to be your own best friend 
and be self - loving and reflect this attitude of self-love 
in the way we interact with other people - 
and by chanting many daimokus for “us” (family, other SGI members). 
I also believe that one can improve once self-confidence and self-esteem 
and thus be even more capable and strong 
for holding down one`s desired job and reaching the set goals (
or identifying them as nonsense). 
What i also like about this Buddhism is that no matter the circumstances - 
we do not throw the towel. Perseverance is key. 
Kosen Rufu starts with every single one of us fostering peace in ourselves, 
with our friends, at work. 


And her breakthrough came:

Just wanted to let you know that things have improved considerably. 
I got a better job situation and a nice place to stay AND my last boyfriend called me on
my birthday and he was really super sweet to me. He paid me a lot of compliments
and said me and my best friends should come to NY and he will keep me up 
to date on what is going on in his life. What a break through! Been chanting soooo
much for everything and my life right now is very, very impressive. 
Nichiren Buddhism is soooo goood. Sooooo goood. I am really grateful for having been introduced and it works wonders!!


Here are some of the elements she followed to produce her breakthrough! 

1)  I found that idea of making wishing lists very helpful
2) You encourage people do keep going even though their might not be any kind of proof at first. I kept chanting, chanting and chanting for a great situation with my ex even though "everybody" told me to just let it go....the results are impressive: as if all of that negative stuff had never happened  between us. 
3) I like the fact that you encourage people to demand proof. In my SGI circles people often tell me the Gohonzon is exlusively inside yourself and everything which happens is done by you. But, I noticed that chanting creates situations I would not have been able to control just by being me. So, yes, my Buddhanature get evoked, but things also start happening around me without me putting too much effort. It is almost like chanting puts me into favorable situations.  

I LOVE Hearing your Experiences! you can encourage others by letting me post them here. Thank you so much my friend!!! You GO Girl! 


1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing & encouraging experience!!

    ReplyDelete