Wednesday, October 10, 2012

For all my new friends, and old ones!

Welcome to the Blog Chantforhappiness!

I am Jamie Lee Silver and I live in the Western suburbs of the Chicago area. I'm about to celebrate my Gohonzon birthday on October 20th! I've been chanting since 1985 and was looking for this practice for many years...my whole life, in fact, before I moved to San Francisco and met Delores Hepburn and Kate Randolph and began an earnest practice then. 

I embraced this practice wholeheartedly from the beginning. I was fortunate enough to have enough suffering in my life that I was really motivated! 

Over the years I have changed everything that I chanted about, and live a life of glorious victory with my mentor Daisaku Ikeda, my SGI members (I'm a District leader here and hold meetings at my house every Wednesday) and all of my blog readers. I live my life to help others discover this Buddhism, and put it to use in their lives. 

I have raised two amazing sons as Buddhists. They are 22 and 19 (almost 20!) and they are discovering more and more of their own power every single moment. Aaron is in his first year of Med School (as many of you know), Ben is in his second year of undergraduate study). Every day living life with them is an honor and benefit for me! They are joining us all in awakening to their Buddha Nature. 

We all know that we can practice Buddhism and we can PRACTICE Buddhism! If we really want to change our sufferings into brilliant sparkling diamonds it requires real work, guts, courage and determination. I write this blog to IGNITE your practice and help you to take it to the highest level where you are vibrant, alive, creating benefit for yourself and others and fulfilling YOUR mission for Kosen Rufu! 

I am available by email, and by phone, (you can email me about that)
 I try to respond to every email even though it may take me a few days. 

There are many posts on this blog you might want to explore...I have been writing it over three years now! Check out the older posts too! 

Please forward this blog to your fellow members and friends and help us to expand our reach for Kosen Rufu! (World Peace founded on respect for life!) You can translate this blog into almost any language using the button at the top left! 

And for today, please realize that every single problem you have - none of them are bigger than Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!! Your prayers for others CHANGE THEIR LIVES! You are that powerful! Your prayers for yourself change your karma in the past and the future for your family...and there is nothing you can't change! Just keep chanting, follow Daisaku Ikeda's guidance, stick close to the lifeblood of faith - the SGI, keep smiling and chanting and crying when you need to, and you will polish your sparkling life! And above all, do not give up! Realize your obstacles are actually tailor made for you to create the best life possible! You are meant to overcome these exact obstacles and become happy. You can chant for whatever you want...your heart is pure and will become more and more and more pure. Do not doubt yourself or your practice. Chant every day - twice a day! You can do it! We can do it together with our mentor !!! Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!! Brilliant YOU!

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment