Saturday, August 15, 2015

We Change EVERY Negative into a Positive...every single one!


(Special note: to the person who is writing me from pujita912  -  your email is bouncing back to me and I can't get through. Please create another email so we can communicate. Thanks.) 

From the August Living Buddhism, page 58 Guidance Series 10.4 
All Karma Has Profound Meaning by Daisaku Ikeda:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Accordingly, defeat for a practitioner of Nichiren Buddhism lies not in encountering difficulties but rather in not challenging them. Difficulties only become our destiny if we run away from them. We must fight as long as we live...
To practice Nichiren Buddhism is to live with the unshakable conviction that the most painful and trying times are opportunities for changing karma, for carrying out our human revolution and that, no matter how difficult the situation, we can ultimately and without fail transform them into something positive." Daisaku Ikeda

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's right, of course, that's right. We have to keep moving no matter what, we have to keep challenging our situation no matter what...no matter HOW difficult the situation! 

As many of you know, it has been six weeks since my 22 year-old son Ben died, and every day is different. 

Some days I let my sadness freely flow, because I believe holding it in is unhealthy and has no merit, and some days I have a heart full of appreciation and happiness for the 22 years we had together, the knowledge that we are still together, and always will be, and a hopefulness for my future that is truly exhilarating. Yesterday was one of those happy days where I danced in the sun. 

Today is another beautiful sunny, summer day here in Chicago and I'm looking forward to an easy Saturday. Business has been booming. All of the efforts I've been putting into it are paying off. My days are sailing by quickly, filled with beautiful people. 

And I'm centering my daimoku on getting rid of Ben's negative karma so he can be reborn with every happiness, every wonderful passion, skill, interest and love he had in this life, without the disease...without the negative karma. 

And somehow, I'm going back to happy memories with him, but without the sadness from time to time. I'm picturing us on that cruise ship laughing and laughing, dancing and playing guitar, and enjoying being together. I can picture those moments and feel happy. 

I know I am human, and this loss is devastating. But I also know that I am a disciple of Nichiren Daishonin, my mentor is Daisaku Ikeda, and I am a Soka Gakkai Buddhist. I chant the name of the Mystic law of the Universe - Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to the Gohonzon, my life itself. I have immense power! And so do you. 

I feel my mission even more deeply than before. If I can live through this, turn poison into medicine, develop even more ways to help others, and really enjoy my life. Well then, anything truly is possible. 

Not just for me, but for you! 

As always the key is changing twice a day, perfecting gongyo, studying the Gosho and Daisaku Ikeda's writings, going to meetings and doing shakukubuku and encouraging others. With this combination it is impossible to fail! 
Have a wonderful Saturday! 


7 comments:

  1. Dear Ms Jamie Lee Silver,

    First of all, I must thank you for writing this truly inspiring article to read and understand. It really touch my heart. I am currently fighting and challenging my deep karmic tendencies in life. After reading your blog, I feel more inspiration to continue challenging my inner fundamental darkness arise from my anger, jealousy, illwill, dissatisfaction, disappointment and frustration very easily. I am also fighting my sickness arise from depression for many years. I am very glad that I meet the Gohonzon and the Mystic Law back in 2014 to see the the truth. Last but least, I shared your sadness for your son passing. Keep strong. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing this blog. You are truly inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, it's been a while since I read your blog. I'm a new mom and being back at work has me busy. I had no idea Ben passed away. My deepest condolences to you and your family. I'm so deeply sad at this news; I hoped he would overcome his challenge with schizophrenia. Your courage and strength is inspiring, you are a true Buddha. I will chant for Ben's next lifetime to be easier than the last 3 years of his life was in this one. Losing a child must be the most difficult thing to experience and yet the way you convey how you are dealing with it is truly extraordinary.

    Lots of love to you.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie,
    You are simply amazing and what an inspiratio!!!!!!!!!!!
    Malathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I needed to hear this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I needed to hear this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Jamie,
    Please accept my heartfelt condolences. I will include Ben in my prayers for the deceased.
    Thank you so much for your encouragement and example of changing karma into mission.
    NMRK

    ReplyDelete