Thursday, December 3, 2015

WE ARE the Buddhas of Absolute Freedom...

I know sometimes it's hard 
for us to believe that we are Buddhas. 
But it's true. 
Check out this quote 
from the Gosho "The True Object of Worship" 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With full understanding of Shakyamuni's teachings, 
the four men of learning said: 

"We have gained the supreme cluster of jewels 
when we least expected it. " 

They represent 
the world of Learning 
that is within ourselves. 
The Hoben chapter states: 

"At the start I pledged 
to make all people perfectly equal to me, 
without any distinction between us. 
By now the original vows that I made 
have already been fulfilled. 
I have led all the people onto the path of Buddhahood." 

The enlightened life of Shakyamuni Buddha 
is our own flesh and blood. 
His practices and resulting virtues 
are our bones and marrow. 

...Shakyamuni, Taho, and all the other Buddas in the ten directions represent the world of Buddhahood within ourselves. 

By searching them out within us, we can receive the benefits of Shakyamuni, Taho, and all the other Buddhas. This is what is meant by the following passage in Chapter ten: If one hears the Law for even a single moment, he will be able to attain perfect enlightenment." 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I intend to engrave this passage into my life. During the hour I just chanted, I focused on being able to truly understand this and feel this passage with my life...not my intellect...but deep inside my life. 

Have a great day ~ Go Buddha Go! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Jamie it is always a pleasure reading your blogs an inspiration always touches me so thank you NMRK

    ReplyDelete