Saturday, March 29, 2014

PowerPrayer for Appreciating YourSelf!



Ultimately, 
Happiness rests 
on how you establish a solid sense of self or being. 
Happiness does not lie in outward appearances nor in vanity. It is a matter of what you feel inside, 
it is a deep resonance in your life. 
To be filled each day 
with a rewarding sense of exhilaration and purpose, 
a sense of tasks accomplished and deep fulfillment ~ 
people who feel this way are happy. 
Those who have this sense of satisfaction, 
even if they are extremely busy 
are much happier 
than those who have time on their hands 
but feel empty inside. 

Daisaku Ikeda, For Today and Tomorrow, page 24

 My goal in writing this blog for you, is for you to be happy. 

And to know the source of your happiness so you can return to that source and bring that water of happiness right back up whenever you desire. 

We all have the power to tap into that vast resource that is within every single person's life, that vast resource can only be tapped by calling out the name of the rhythm of life itself, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. This door is open to every person. No one has to change to chant. No one even has to change religions, lifestyles, eating routines, work out routines or become more "mindful" to chant. (I have nothing against mindfulness, but it is not a requirement to chant.)

All we have to do is chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo,  study Buddhism, join with our fellow members, seek our teacher's heart, and encourage others. Think about it. We do not have to wander in the forest, forgo eating meat (unless we want to), or memorize and live by any "paths". Nope. And we don't discriminate about sexual orientation or anything else. 

A vast reservoir of happiness 
exists inside our lives. 
Let's all chant in happiness, 
rise in happiness, 
dance in happiness together! 

PowerPrayer for Revealing 
Your Buddha Nature 
and Appreciating YourSELF
By Jamie Lee Silver from Chantforhappiness.com

"I chant to reveal the pure, sparkling Diamond
of resilience, strength, wisdom-heart
that lies within me. 
I chant to be more and more aware 
of how wonderful I am every single day. 
May I be aware that every cause I make, 
at every single moment of every day 
is a great cause for my life, 
and all of life, 
and leads me to see more and more of my Buddha nature. 
I chant that my Buddha Nature emerge 
and flow from my life touching everyone I see. 
I chant that I see and feel my life 
as the brilliant sparkling Diamond that it is. 
I chant that throughout the day 
I say only kind words to myself. 
That I praise myself with my every thought. 
I chant to believe in my own goodness 
and to see it revealed in my actions. 
I pray to realize my life as the Buddha I am.
I chant that those around me 
are inspired to begin chanting, 
or to strengthen their practice 
just by seeing my happiness flow. 
I chant to meet the people 
who are looking for the Mystic Law 
and to be able to help them practice.








No comments:

Post a Comment