Monday, February 7, 2011

About this Blog

I started this blog in July of 2009 when I was at a crossroads and realizing some key things in my life.
Whereas:
I was heading into my 25th year of chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, and soon to be entering my 50th year of Life...
Whereas:
I still had some negative karma I was working on changing....
Whereas:
I had an aching heart...and was very aware of the fundamental darkness inside my life...
AND after being a Buddhist for 24 years I knew that I already had the key to changing my life for the better...and it starts with making new determination (goals put into action) ...and chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
I decided:
To chant two entire hours every single day with set goals in mind, and blog the two hour a day campaign (daimoku campaign as we call it) so I could inspire others by my certain success.

At the Beginning:
When I started the campaign and blog I was in a marriage that was not happy, and hadn't been for some time. I was employed working for a senior living community and enjoyed my job in sales/marketing and public speaking. I had also been limping for several years with pain in my right leg from the hip to the foot and was trying all sorts of ways to heal the pain. Also, I practiced Buddhism within the Soka Gakkai organization, but I did not currently hold any position of leadership. I was also, as i mentioned above, aching in my heart.

What happened:
Immediately in 2009 I was asked to co-lead the Downers Grove District and embraced it wholeheartedly. There were two or three members coming out to meetings, and I knew my co-leader and I would be able to create a happy thriving district. I chanted every day then, and still do now, for every single member to be so happy that they are overflowing with happiness and telling other people about chanting because it's impossible NOT TO when happiness is coming through every cell! Now we have 15-20 people coming to meetings every single week and new members are joining us every month!
In the fall of 2009 my beautiful, sweet Mommy died, and I know that my chanting for two hours a day carried me through that experience. We held an great life celebration for her. We were very close, my Mom and I, and I miss her every day, but know she is cheering for me still, just like she did when she was alive.
Then I decided that my husband and I had completed our mission together of having and raising two brilliant Buddha Boys, and we decided to split, but remain together in the same house until Ben's graduation in 2011.
Right after that I was laid off, went to California to visit friends and came back to face the realization that the only way out of my leg pain was through a total hip replacement surgery. Yikes! I did that, and I've now recovered and am focusing now on creating my future!
The district is strong...I am strong...and I am still blogging away and invite you to join me! Send me your experiences with chanting and I'll publish them in the blog. Feel free to forward this blog link to anyone you would like to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment