Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Watching the World...having a revolution...

Chanting for the people...and chanting for Anderson Cooper who was hit in the head today on the streets of Cairo...

Look at what is happening in Egypt and across the Arab World.

The people are taking their power back. The people are rising!

Daisaku Ikeda is always writing about the power of the people...and that in the end...the people themselves cannot be stopped...the people themselves are what is important. And Look at what is happening. There is momentum...the efforts to stop them have only fueled their determination.
The revolution of the people is the mirror image of the human revolution that happens within each person when they chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. The obstacles that arise when we embrace the interior revolution of banishing the darkness inherent in all lives...the darkness inherent in OUR lives...only serve as fuel for the fire...only make you want to chant more...BRING IT ON! Is the cry of the true Buddhist. I will remain undaunted...I will redetermine to win...I will vow to overcome my suffering and win in my life.

I am enjoying every moment here...going out with some interesting gentlemen, enjoying Ben choosing his college, and I'm interviewing for jobs. I'm exercising every day and bringing light and joy into my body. I'm chanting two hours a day in such joy and light. I'm in a space where Ican even savor and enjoy my sorrow...does that sound weird to you? Last week I went to a beautiful funeral for a friend's mother. I cried through the service and came home and spent the afternoon cocooned in my room listening to music that lets my tears flow...and I actually savored the sweet release of emotion...the joy of being a human and being able to cry. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.
My tears that afternoon were an example of the ten worlds being contained in the ten worlds. Although one might express my life state at the time as being in the world of hell...I was in the world of Buddhahood at the same time. In my tears was the realization of the beautiful life I have led, and the life that lies in front of me because of this practice. I was living one of my favorite Gosho quotes: "Suffer what there is to suffer, and enjoy what there is to enjoy, and continue chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo no matter what happens, then you will experience boundless joy from the law."

1 comment:

  1. Hi I have been reading your blog for a long time. I have started chanting since June. I am from India Bombay. I am going through a very bad phase for past 15-18yrs. I am 28yrs,I had a child marriage where in the guy died after that i was again married of early,the wedding day itself I saw a very cruel and angry husband. From there on for few yrs I was tortured like hell and I gave birth to a baby boy. My husband left after sometime,not divorced but living in one house as in a hotel room seperately. I started working and had to leave my son with maids. When my son turned 8 he was taken away by my husband and my in laws. I had a mental break down then by the time I recovered from it all which took few months my son refused to even communicate with me. It was traumatic. It took me some yrs to come out of it. 3 yrs back I started seeing a guy and he kept telling me that he doesn't have the guts to tell his parents about me and get married to me because of my past. Last 3 yrs we have had real stressful relationship and we broke off many times and somehow we came back together. Last month we broke off again and today in the morning he said he doesn't want to be together anymore. I am devastated don't know what to do at the same time I am hoping he will come back. I have no job for past year. I dont know what to do I am completely lost n feel like giving up life. I want him I want a job. Please please pray for me and guide me...

    ReplyDelete