Sunday, June 1, 2014

The More You Chant the More You WANT to Chant!



Have you ever experienced this phenomenon...that the more you chant the more you want to chant? 

I am in this phase right now. Every morning I just don't want to stop! I can feel the power welling forth from my life. 

I can feel myself getting stronger and wiser and more courageous. I am able to bat down sadness...or depression...or fear before it takes root. If I start to feel sad I know just what to do...take a walk...chant. It's immediate. I am not dwelling in the land of sadness that used to engulf me on a daily basis. That is over. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. 

What is so great about this practice is we can change our basic life tendencies that make us unhappy. We Buddhists, we KNOW that our biggest demons are our own negativity. We KNOW that the power of creating happiness comes from within. 

We just have to continually muster the power to overcome that negativity...no matter WHAT is going on in our lives. We need to have enough Daimoku (Nam-myoho-renge-kyo) on board so that when our inner demons arise (fear, anger, stupidity, depression, defeat...) when THOSE arise we RISE UP STRONGER through accessing our own power...through chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, studying and encouraging others! 

It is a wonderful way of living. So worth-while! And we know, that no matter what the effects are TODAY, that we are creating a life of splendor and beauty and happiness. 

I am just like you. I have changed some major things. And I am working on some others. 

I wish I had a a man to love in my life...a deep...everlasting love. So many of you write me about this, and I know how hard it is. Trust me. Lately I seem to attract men who fall head over heels for me and then disappear. But I will not be defeated. I choose to be amused. And I know he's coming. I know I will have my kosen-rufu partner, and I know you will have yours...as long as we don't give up. 

If you have an inspiring story to share with us please send it to me at chantforhappiness@gmail.com so you can inspire readers all over the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment