Tuesday, October 15, 2013

PowerPrayer for Overcoming Obstacles (Sansho Shima!)

SGI World Headquarters in Tokyo, Japan

November 18th ~ the opening of the new Worldwide Headquarters of the SGI is getting closer. Many of us are determined to permanently change our karma between now and then. Many of us are challenging shakubuku goals and personal goals. And we are facing obstcles, of course! 
I know my obstacles have risen up in front of me like a huge wall. I also know, that as Daisaku Ikeda states, on the other side of every wall is a HUGE expanse. I am determined to get there. Below is a PowerPrayer for Overcoming (and recognizing) Obstacles. 

As you know, in any worthy endeavor obstacles HAVE to arise. They are a natural function of life. But the important question is this ~ Can we see them for what they are, necessary obstacles to FUEL our determination and make us chant HARDER? Or are we FOOLED by them into thinking "Oh well, I guess I wasn't supposed to do this anyway" and then give up? Are we stuck blaming the other person or the obstacle, or can we see them for what they ARE - our own karma to change? It is up to each of us to either determine to win, or just succumb to losing.

The first step is recognizing them for what they are:
"When devilish functions are recognized for what they are, they lose their power."
Daisaku Ikeda, June 2013, Living Buddhism page 23. 

The second step is rousing our determination and roaring from the depths of our lives with the full force of the Nam-myoho-renge-kyo we are! 

(Please do not copy and paste this PowerPrayer. If you wish to share it please cut and past the url or share it using the buttons at the bottom of the post. This PowerPrayer is copywritten and from Julia Landis' and my upcoming book The BuddhaZone, PowerPrayers for Chanting Your Way to Absolute Happiness and Success)

PowerPrayers are meant to be kept in mind while chanting to help focus on outcomes. 
Please email chantforhappiness@gmail.com with your victories from using these PowerPrayers and you could be in my second book.

PowerPrayer for Winning Over Obstacles (Sansho Shima):

Hello, Sansho Shima, 
I was expecting you.
I recognize you for what you are.

Sansho Shima, I see you for what you are! 
No way! 
Not this time
Not any more. 
I'm in charge now.
I AM Nam-myoho-renge-kyo
I am roaring like a lion.
You  are not real, you  have no power here.
On the contrary, 
I take your pure energy now, and though my Daimoku I make you my ally, instead. 
Shoten Zenjin! Support me in every single action I take towards my goal. I am doing the Buddha's work on earth. Support me in every way!

I now use this obstacle to refuel my determination
and I will chant   ______  number of hours
every day until until I have ultimate victory.
I will win over_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sansho Shima, I am now turning you into Shoten Zenjin! 
You are now the cause 
for victory in the lives of those I will
encourage by sharing this story.
You are now part of a powerful 
and inspirational story of victory.

Sansho Shima! You don't scare me! 
I am raising my life condition
and the life condition of ALL 
by challenging and winning over YOU Sansho Shima! 

Rooooaaaaarrrrrrrr!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

1 comment:

  1. Sansho Shima always comes when you're making progress. Keep chanting and when you get what you're chanting for you'll say Sansho Shima, were are you now?

    ReplyDelete