Monday, October 28, 2013

When We Just Don't Feel Like Chanting!



What's the main thing that keeps us from chanting?

I think it might be our own fundamental darkenss showing up as a feeling of hopelessness...

We think: 

"Why will it matter if I chant? I've been chanting about this problem for_____ days,/years, I don't think it will ever be solved..." 

We have all felt this way, right? Well, I hate to say it but this is our fundamental darkness attempting to get us to stop chanting. 
Having our fundamental darkness attempt to defeat is is PART of this practice. It HAS to happen, right? 

We all know it is something we have to look out for...yet sometimes when it arises we are 'Fooled" not "Fueled". 

How do we become Fueled not Fooled? 

How can we take our own fundamental darkness and say 
"No how, no way, I AM WINNING TODAY!"?

It takes perseverence. Over and over. Perseverance. I am about to go and chant for the third time today, because the first two were just very feeble attempts. I was tired. The phone rang...I got distracted...I couldn't seem to connect to my prayer. It happens sometimes to all of us. So I am going back to the Gohonzon to connect for at least 15 minutes with my phone put away, my thoughts of the day turned off...and my PowerPrayer lighting the way in my brain. I am determined to win and not let the defeat of hopelessness overcome me!
I MUST WIN in all areas of my life. That is my VOW. I must win so I can help lead others to happiness. This is my one precious life!  

Every time we win over our own weaknesses  ~ we win in life. We ALL face this...every single one of us! Let's all win together. 

Does this strike a chord with you? What do you do when you feel hopeless and it is really hard to chant? 

Write me at chantforhappiness.com about your challenges and victories. I am looking for more victories to post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment