Friday, April 30, 2010

Daimoku makes you SHINE!

Today I gave a talk on Networking to Veterans in Transition. (Unemployed) I could not sleep a wink all night thinking about this talk. How could I reach their hearts and give them hope and inspire them not to give up on finding work they can do and love...?
I was writing in the wee hours of the morning and woke up and chanted an hour and a half for each of them to have a breakthrough from being at my talk.
I had been invited in by the Department of Employment Security and I wore my new bright yellow suit for the first time and felt GREAT!
They treated me so well, introducing me to the manager of the office. I was so impressed with her heart. These employees of the government sincerely want to help people find jobs. This is not just a job to them...it is a calling.
As you can imagine, the talk went really well.
I began by thanking them for their years of service to this great country, and saying they are what keep it great. Then I offered my best tips on networking. It went great!
You never know where one pro bono talk can lead. And even if it leads no where...it was a very good thing to do!
I came home after that and made networking calls for myself and my strategic job search/creation.
Tomorrow is a talk by Linda Johnson the SGI women's leader!

2 comments:

  1. That certainly is great :) Im new to this amazing practise. I have noticed changes, I do perfectly well, and Im in control of myself and I feel happy. Im 17, and my life was full of crap and hardships. It was very painful, and I used to cry everytime. I had clinical depression for an year, I used to badly cut and write letters on my arms, I did more pretty horrible things. Im glad Im chanting now :) practise. I have noticed changes, I do perfectly well, and Im in control of myself and I feel happy. Im 17, and my life was full of crap and hardships. It was very painful, and I used to cry everytime. I had clinical depression for an year, I used to badly cut and write letters on my arms, I did more pretty horrible things. Im glad Im chanting now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie:

    I sincerely appreciate your blog,,it really makes my day.. it is so joyful and inspiring...

    ReplyDelete