Friday, November 11, 2011

Great Guidance and Happy 11/11/11

I hope you're having as great a day as I am today! 


I have incredibly fun plans for the whole weekend starting with a fun wedding at Carnivale tonight. I've never been there, but I'm imagining wonderful vivid colors, laughter and a wonderful evening! I'm booked solid this weekend with great events.


Tomorrow Aaron, my 21 year old son runs his final Cross Country race in Charlotte North Carolina. I found out some great news about Medical School for him today! When things are finalized I will let you know! And I got wonderful news from Ben, my 18 year old son who is in his freshman year at Miami University of Ohio. We thought he'd be home on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, but he worked it out to be home on the Friday before Thanksgiving!!!! Yaaaayyy, that makes such a huge difference!
I am so happy today.


I began the day, like every day, with strong, focused Daimoku....chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. Today I was addressing my life and demanding just what I want. I am the Votary of the Lotus Sutra...I am determined to show actual proof of my practice in my life. I have to inspire you, my blog readers, my district, the people I work with and everyone I know. That's why I chose to be born right now. I am very clear on this point!


This morning I focused on the deepest, warmest, most fulfilling love in my life. I listed out all the qualities I want in this love, and I chanted to bring forth the love from within my life...the confidence...the radiance...the wisdom to know it when I see it! Aaaaahhhh.

I am enjoying this time of exploration....I am reveling in this sunny day! And I want to share some of Daisaku Ikeda's guidance with you:


From the December issue of Living Buddhism, page 13, 


President Ikeda states:

"There are many elements involved in a prayer being answered, but the important thing is to keep praying until it is. By continuing to pray, you can reflect on yourself with unflinching honesty and begin to move your life in a positive direction on the path of earnest, steady effort. Even if your prayer doesn't produce concrete results immediately, your continual prayer will at some time manifest itself in a form greater tha you had ever hoped"(Buddhism Day by Day, p. 97).



No comments:

Post a Comment