Friday, February 22, 2013

Maintaining Hope


More and more research supports the fact that those who are optimistic and hopeful are actually happier. 
We can exercise this muscle of hope with our own lives in front of the Gohonzon. 

Think about it. 

Have you ever had these sort of thoughts while sitting down to chant? 

"Oh why bother, I'm never going to change this anyway. 
I know this is just one of those things I have to accept, everyone in my family tells me so. 
I know this is not going to make a difference but my leader told me to chant about it. 
Why do these things always happen to me? I wish I could just change...why me?"


If these thoughts are in your mind you can do a quick change of mind BEFORE you chant that will help you get more results. 
Exercise your muscle of hope, faith and appreciation. Before you chant make yourself a list of the things that you appreciate in your life. Find a book or use your journal and put a title at the top of each page:
What I appreciate about my body
What I appreciate about my self
What I appreciate about my friends
What I appreciate about my job
What I appreciate about my country
What I appreciate about my family
What I appreciate about my practice
What I have accomplished recently that makes me proud

And sit and list all that you appreciate. I guarantee that after you do this you will be in a lighter frame of mind. You will see more of the positive in your life. Let yourself feel the appreciation fro your own life. And when you chant, chant in appreciation not complaint. 

Listing your appreciation really works. When my Mom was feeling low I suggested that before she got out of bed every day she list ten things she appreciates in her mind. She told me she started doing that every morning and it helped her rise with a smile and made every day happier. When you change your focus you change your results. 


And when you chant get your complaints out of your mind and replace them with determinations. "I am determined to be the happiest, brightest, most radiant and magnetic person in the world right now, just as I am, right here, TODAY!" 

We had a meeting this week where a woman was so tired of chanting for a husband she decided to chant to be the happiest single person in the world. A week later she met the man she's been married to for 16 years. I am going to get her full experience to share with you along with her picture. 

Go ahead, look on the bright side. It really is a choice and it is up to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment