Saturday, September 6, 2014

"A Coward Cannot Have any of His Prayers Answered"



My copy of the Gosho is all written upon and highlighted. Sometimes I open it to any page and find what the message is for me today. Today I got this passage and I'm sharing it with you now: 
This was written to Shijo Kingo. I call him the Daishonin's "Everyman." He was a Samurai warrior in feudal Japan. He worked for a Lord who opposed his practice, at first. Eventually Shijo Kingo, by following Nichiren Daishonin's guidance, won him over. 


Faith alone is what really matters. 
No matter how hard Nichiren prays for you, 
if you lack faith, 
it will be like trying to set fire to wet tinder. 
Spur yourself to muster the power of faith. 
Regard your survival as wondrous. 
Employ the strategy of the Lotus Sutra before any other. 
Then, just as the sutra says "All enemies are crushed." 
These golden words will never prove false.
Believe them wholeheartedly. 
The heart of strategy and swordsmanship derives from the Mystic Law. 
A coward cannot hace any of his prayers answered." 


Nichiren Daishonin
The Strategy of the Lotus Sutra. 


No comments:

Post a Comment