Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas ~ Here Comes the New year!

Merry Christmas ~ 
Here comes the New Year! 

This is one of my favorite times of the year...as we wrap up Christmas and begin to make our goals for the New Year.

We are Buddhists...PRACTICAL BUDDHISTS and, as my friend and mentor Amos says: 

"You're a Buddhist - DREAM BIG! ~ 

"How many times do you have to remake a determination? Infinity! Just keep remaking that determination over and over again, and one day it will STICK! Don't give up." 

It doesn't matter how many times you've made the same determination and not succeeded. Go ahead and make it again. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. You can do it! 

As I make my New Year's list of determinations, I often think back to 1993 when I was practicing in San Francisco with Danny Nagashima. We were chanting to bring Daisaku Ikeda to San Francisco and we succeeded. 

Danny encouraged us to make huge long New Years lists...200 things or more...as many things as we could possibly think of for our list of goals. 

And I took what he said to heart. I made a huge list. And 1993 still stands out in my life as the year I met Sensei and had a fabulous year! I found there was power in writing it all down...power in making the goals...power in starting the year with so much focus. 

A few weeks ago I wrote some new goals. One of them said 

"Gohonzon! Life! 
Bring me one person who wants this practice 
who will receive Gohonzon January 1st, 
and practice their whole life!" 

And a few days later I received a call from someone who found my blog, started chanting, and wants to practice. 
We've been chanting, studying, and she's learning gongyo. She is amazing...she's been looking for this practice for a long time. Awesome! That's why I write the blog!

Let's all make our lists! 

Happy 2016!

I respond to emails at chantforhappiness@gmail.com
I'm on Facebook as Jamie Lee Silver and Chant for Happiness. (I prefer not to instant message, but, as I mentioned, I do respond to email)  





No comments:

Post a Comment