Sunday, March 6, 2016

Boldly Embracing Life!

Florida! 


(You can now subscribe to this blog by putting your email in the box to the right)


See that picture of me above? That is the real me...on the beach...in the sun...in all my glory. We all have our real selves...the true expression of who we are. If we keep chanting, never give up, and use EVERY problem to catapult us to reveal more of our true selves, we will each become the best version of who we are. 

For many years, I have been chanting to "discard the transient and reveal the true" in my life. And it is taking my broken heart through the death of my beloved son to take me to the next level. Every moment I am more of who I am. 

What do I mean by this? Well, recently I was in Key West Florida, and spending time meeting strangers. (I have the belief that there ARE no strangers, only friends I haven't met) And I was going in and out of grief about my boy. 

I told the people I met why I am exploring and looking for my new life...and they opened up to me in such beautiful ways. One couple spent the evening enjoying the sunset with me. Because I was so open, I found open people wherever I went. 

And, I visited my nephew, Dr. Joshua Silver. He's a skilled and wise chiropractor practicing in St. Petersburg Florida. I hadn't seen him since Ben's life celebration. We picked up right where we left off, and his girlfriend Nikki became my new dear friend. I felt very at home in that part of the world. Very at home. 

So I came home today and my chanting partner Georgine came over and we chanted three solid hours of Daimoku! 
It feels so good to pour my heart into my daimoku! I chanted for doors to open, for wisdom, for composure, and made lists of inspirations. I'm writing a blog post on "How to accomplish your goals - once you know what they are." My tools include writing, chanting, focusing, and taking the right actions. 

My motto for right now is "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." I am committed to taking the greatest poison and turning it into the greatest benefit. I've been divorced for a year now, and Aaron will discover where he will do his Doctor's four-year residency on March 18th. It is time to fly!

And with the Gohonzon, I have the tool to create the wisdom, action, karma-changing whooooosh I need!   

6 comments:

  1. Once again love to hear your experiences Florida....maybe I can open up there too..seems february is a good month to visit andf renes our Buddhsit life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo and story Jamie. More power to you! NMRK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. I appreciate you sharing this post. It helps me understand where I'm at in my own life a little better. Blessings on your journey. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up Jamie, you are an inspiration for us all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you!!! You look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great realself! The golden reys of the setting sun bathe your devineself. I wish you a beautiful life ahead.

    ReplyDelete