Monday, August 17, 2015

Deepening our Missions

Living the Dream! 
That's the name of my friend's boat 
I spent the day on yesterday. 

And I met so many "Dock friends" yesterday. 

One of them told me about her brother who died when he was 32 years old. Her mother never recovered from her brother's death. Even though her mother had grandchildren, and many children who were alive, she never recovered.  

I thought "Wow - my mission is so deep!" I must recover completely from my wonderful son's death. I must live a life of vibrant happiness because he died, not in spite of it. 

I am a Soka Gakkai Buddhist. I know how to turn karma into mission. I MUST turn karma into mission. There is no other way! Even through my tears.

I continue to chant to learn how to encourage people from the depths of my heart. 

This is from the Lecture by Daisaku Ikeda from the Letter to Horen in the June Living Buddhism: 

"The Daishonin says that each of the 510 characters of the verse section of the "Life Span" chapter of the Lotus Sutra, from "ji ga toku burrai" (Since I first attained Buddhahood) (LSOC, 270) to "soku joju bushin" (quickly attain the body of a Buddha) (LSOC, 273), changes into a sun and then into a Buddha. It emits great beams of light that pervade every corner of the universe, finding Kyoshin's father wherever he might be and illuminating him (see WND-1, 517-18)

In other words, each character of the verse section of the "Life Span" chapter recited by Kyoshin becomes the Buddha, shining with the brilliant light of compassion that reaches his deceased father in whatever state of being he may reside, relieving him of his suffering and guiding him to enlightenment."

I am chanting for Ben and I KNOW it is reaching his life. 
I am chanting for all of you! 


1 comment: