Thursday, March 16, 2017

Career Experience from Natasha Gondi! Great Job!

(Thank you for sending this in Natasha! GO Buddha GO! 
If you want to subscribe to this blog please put your email in the box to the right)

Good morning all . . . . .
My Name is Natasha Gondi, Practicing this philosophy from 
past 10 years. I was introduced by my Uncle in India.
I came to USA (New Jersey) for my Masters in January 2014
and graduated in May of 2015.
Once international students graduate in USA, they need to 
apply for their work permit which usually takes 90 days to 
process, which I did. 
Meanwhile in that 90 days period had loads of fun, 
my parents were here too 

And the struggle begins, on the 90th day I just went online 
on USCIS website to check the status of my work permit,
and was so shocked to see, it says “Your work permit is 
denied, you will get to know the reason in a week”, was 
completely blank and I didn't know what to do that entire 
week without even knowing the reason behind my denial 
status.
In USA if your work permit is denied for a genuine 
reason then they should get back to their home country 
(India) which I didn't want at any cost as I had to pay back 
my loan of 20 lakhs which I took for my studies or else they
 have to join for second masters again which also I didn't 
want as it wasn’t affordable for me and my family.

I rushed to Gohonzon, cried, chanting with full of tears in
my eyes and somehow managed to do my gongyo with lots 
of pain inside.
I took guidance from SGI-USA East territory YWD leader 
Mitsuko Ogawa O’Malley. She came all the way just to 
meet me and give guidance, one of the most wonderful 
guidance of my life – she says sensei’s words – “whatever, 
however, 
wherever let anything happen, just chant as much as 
possible about it without thinking about how it’s going to 
work out, put your heart into it, and then tell me if your 
prayer is not answered, I will give my LIFE”.

And this gave me a boost, started chanting from then and 
there with her 5 hours that day. Everyday 5 hours I chanted 
with full of gratitude.

Then I found Jamie’s Blog: 
Posts!
And a week later I got the reason saying I have made very 
silly mistake while filling up the form and asked me to re-
apply. 
Thanks to Gohonzon with a big smile  on my face and 
thanked everyone who supported me.
I reapplied and now it was so tough to wait for another 90 
days. Another chapter YWD leader “Greicy Goto” came to 
visit me suddenly without even me asking her, and told me 
to chant that I should get the permit within 50 days and 
not more than that, I asked her – “but how can it happen, 
it's 
USA government rule and it’s been followed from so long 
that processing time will take 90 days”. She just said 
“Chant for what your heart wants because heart is what 
matters and everything else comes later, this is the time t
test the power of this mystic law, to aim for something 
impossible and see the miracle that occurs by Gohonzon”.
 Which encouraged me so much.
I kept on chanting for 5 hours a day. 
Sensei says with respect to Diamoku 

“Quality matters over Quantity but if 
you add quantity to the quality, you can change the world”.

 So I did a focused diamoku of 5 hours every day, did lots of 
activities, took 15 shifts of byakuren that month and 
worked so joyfully, took care of members, did 2 shakubukus
 and also did alliance diamoku with Rakhi Debnath – Thank 
You so much Rakhi, she sent me inspiring quotes from 
youthful diary every day.

One sudden day I get an email from my college saying “My 
work permit has come and asked me to come and collect”, I
didn't know what to do, I thought I got this email by 
mistake,
 I opened the calendar and saw it was just 30
th day. I called up college and asked if I got that email by 
mistake, I told her to read the name on it properly, she is 
reading my name, I was so happy, was not able to express 
the happiness.
Chanted for 15 minutes and went to collect.
And I am the only amongst 6 students who reapplied and 
got it next time, the other 5 students got denied again.
All my friends had started to work already and I was just 
starting to search for my kosenrufu job.
I continued to chant with all other activities, gave 
interviews 
for almost 50 days and on November 3rd 2015 was my first 
day at work.
Now I'm working at “New York Power Authority” as a
 “Microsoft SharePoint Developer” 
in New York City.
I got the job which I wanted, in the field I wanted with a 
very big office and New York skyline view from my work 
location window and very good people around in the team.
I am working like a Buddha, like a byakuren, taking care of 
my team as bodhisattva member, creating the joy in 
everyone. 

“Prayer – is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our
 destiny” Daisaku Ikeda.

My small article was published in July 2016 Living Buddhism 

Here are my joyous pics from work location New York:




-->

12 comments:

  1. Very Encouraging Experience shared by Jamie .Thanx a lot.Wish you all the best Natasha,enjoyed reading your experience..Lots of love Dinesh..Boddhisatva Dinesh from India

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is FANTASTIC! What a wonderful encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, my dear here is wishing wonderful life ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing...thsnk u so much for sharing your experience...nmrk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You All So Much .. :)

    Natasha here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very encouraging experience...... Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice experience Natasha, thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that you all are encouraged by my experience :)

    Nam Myo Ho Renge Kyo :) !!!

    Thank You So Much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very encouraging! Thanks a lot for sharing.. Have a great life ahead! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow just too good..thank you so much for sharing..

    ReplyDelete