Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Daisaku Ikeda's incredible guidance on changing your karma and attaining Buddhahood and happiness



It is so easy to blame our environment for our unhappiness and discontent. But as President Ikeda says in "On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime"
"Grumbling and complaining are the principle gateways leading to general doubt and disbelief. Even if we know that such behavior is wrong, we may find ourselves doing it in spite of ourselves. Should grumbling and complaining become habitual it will act as a constant brake on our growth and cause us to forget about advancing and improving ourselves. When that happens, we effectively close off our own potential, falling into the path of seeking the law outside of us." 


Grumbling and complaining takes many forms. For me, it tends to manifest as depression and hopelessness. 


This morning, in front of the Gohonzon I vowed one more time to change the karma at the root of my suffering. I don't have to know the details of this karma...I just have to chant to defeat it, and not let it defeat me. 


Please remember that whatever is going on in your world is YOUR OPPORTUNITY to grow. 
The things you think of as problems that come at you from the environment can be fuel for your growth, fuel for your determination to reveal your own Buddhahood and create your own happiness. It is up to you though, to determine this for your own life...


Putting the fault on your environment is easy. But not helpful! You are a Buddha. Dig deeper. Get to the root source of your suffering. You do not have to figure it out. Just chant to change it. 


President Ikeda also says:


"Because our practice of faith is aimed at attaining Buddhahood in this lifetime, it is absolutely essential that we have a solidly focussed mind or attitude when chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. It is like trying to shoot an arrow: without a clear target, we will not draw the bow with any real energy or determination. In the same way, our prayers can only be realized when we replace vague yearnings with concrete determinations and confident daimoku to definitely accomplish what we hope to achieve."

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for such inspiration! It's when I need it most that you reach out unknowingly and help me.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is beautiful. You indeed are Sensei's disciple in every true sense. What an amazing way to spread the Law. I am so happy I chanced upon this site. Thank you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a vri inspiring nd motivating way....gohonzon power is immesurable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jamie, thanks a lot for this beautiful and encouraging blog..every morning I read your blog..you are doing a great job..continue inspiring us..You are really a true votary of the Lotus Sutra.Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What to do when the same things one wants to chant out keeps coming up??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jamie, I have been having this in my life since a long time a difficult boss to deal with .. every time I have my seniors warning me that I will be made to leave inspite of me doing all my activities I get these warnings... When I know that I havent done any wrong I question my self as to why this is happening to me. I am only asking for guidance from the gohonzon as to why is this there in my life and how I can overcome this.. Thanks ur blogs are good and they do guide me in my times of need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you.its inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for such inspiration.power of NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO is immesurable.

    Ashim Bhattacharjee
    Navi-Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Jamiee. Yours words are encouraging

    ReplyDelete