Monday, February 6, 2012

Expanding My Capacity

Enjoying my life! I went to an "Alien" party this weekend...see the antennae? I think I was just BORN to wear them!!!


Today begins a bold new journey of expanding my capacity. I am taking on two new campuses as part of my job responsibilities. Today I go to the campus in the northern part of the Chicago Area. I will be meeting my new team, and have various responsibilities and events I intend to fulfill with them. 


So this morning I greet my life in front of the Gohonzon and chant like this: 
ALL POSITIVITY !!! No complaints! 
Banish any negative thought in my head! I appreciate this opportunity to make new friends, expand my mission, be the Buddha, have an impact on these students, administrators and educator's lives! I will shine like the sun. Just like the the quote I put in my signature at the bottom of my emails 
"When One sun rises everything is illuminated" 
by Daisaku Ikeda. 


Today I am also thinking of the magnificent Gene Marie O'Connell. She was my chapter leader in the SGI when I was a "baby Buddhist" in San Francisco. I personally saw her rise from the ranks of nursing student to nursing administrator to CEO of the largest hospital in San Francisco...the one responsible for helping everyone in the city. She constantly asked herself "What would President Ikeda do in this situation?" Every day. She was, and still is, an inspiring example of what is possible when you are determined to manifest your own Buddhahood at every moment of every day. Thank you Gene!


That is how I set out today...with the sun in my heart...with Daisaku Ikeda at my side. 
I wish you all a magnificent, powerful, fulfilling day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment