Monday, July 2, 2012

A great comment from a reader and some heartfelt tips

Happy Monday! 


Thank you for writing me! I am getting many letters each day, and still would like to hear more! Write me your successes, your questions, your challenges, and what you would like to see in my book. I am working on it every day and look forward to bringing it to you! 


First of all, at the bottom of yesterday's blog there's a very entertaining experience that is really well written. Check it out. 


To the writer of that comment I would like to say "Thank you for sending it in to me!" And I would add a question that you might like to ponder, and that could bring you more results in your practice. 
My question to you is "Are you clear about what you really desire? And have you chanted with this in mind? Do you have a strong determination that "No Matter What" you will achieve this desire?" I am not criticizing you...you are definitely on the right path and you are chanting...I just think with a powerful prayer you will have more powerful results. Don't just chant and wait to see what will happen. Determine what you want to happen in all areas of your life...dream big...and chant to make it so! 


All of you reading this deserve everything! 


You can be victorious in every single aspect of your life. 


Chant with the conviction that you can make it happen


And if you don't know what you want...well, chant to find out what it is. I chanted sincerely to find my mission in life. And now I know exactly what it is. My mission is to reach people who are seeking this practice, to inspire them to chant, and to continue to reach more and more and more people so that they can realize their own happiness. That in why I appreciate you passing along the link chantforhappiness.com to your friends and fellow members. 


Here's a Gosho quote to begin your week.
From The Strategy of the Lotus Sutra:


"Faith alone is what really matters No matter how earnestly Nichiren prays for you, if you lack faith, it will be like trying to to set fire to wet timber. SPUR YOURSELF TO MUSTER THE POWER OF FAITH. Regard your survival as wonderous. Employ the strategy of the Lotus Sutra before any other...a coward cannot have any of his prayers answered." 

1 comment:

  1. Hello again,

    This is the same anonymous reader who told the story yesterday about the girl in the window.

    Thanks for your kind words here, and for this advice. I have indeed been pondering it, and will continue to do so. It's very much appreciated.

    "Are you clear about what you really desire?" you ask.

    The honest answer to this is that I thought I was. But you have alerted me to the fact that this is perhaps not the case.

    Practice certainly feels much more powerful than it ever has done before. In fact, it feels stronger pretty much daily. It can therefore be a little (or, frankly, occasionally a lot) disheartening that this feeling doesn't appear to translate into progress. But I remain determined.

    The answer may lie in my own anecdote from yesterday. I wrote down my goals back then. I've struggled with that lately (which I think entirely proves your point. I could, indeed, be clearer about what I desire.)

    So, I'm going to do that over the next few days: deeply think about what I want to achieve, and write it down in as much exacting detail as I possibly can.

    This - coupled to the fact that my practice is strengthening - should provide me with the added focus that should lead to more powerful results.

    So thanks again for your advice. I will let you know how things go for me.

    ReplyDelete