Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo PowerPrayer for Absolute Happiness


What is absolute happiness? It is the strength to withstand anything. The courage to be unbowed in the face of any storm. No Matter What! 

Daisaku Ikeda states (from Ikedaquotes.org)

"It is vital to have a resilient spirit so that without complaints or feelings of disaffection, one is able to always look on the bright side of a situation and find in it a source of hope and happiness. Such wisdom makes it possible to lead a thoroughly fulfilled life."

"Relative happiness is happiness that depends on things outside ourselves, such as affluence or social standing. While the happiness such things bring us is certainly real, it shatters easily when external conditions alter. Absolute happiness, on the other hand, is something we must find within. It means establishing a state of life in which we are never defeated by difficulties, and where just being alive is a source of great joy"

Right now I am finding absolute happiness amidst the winds of life. This morning, as I was chanting, I had the words of this PowerPrayer in mind: 

PowerPrayer for Absolute Happiness 
(even in difficult times)

Gohonzon! Life! 
Today, all day,  I will see through the eyes of the Buddha that I am. 
Every cause I make, 
every thought I think, 
every word I speak 
is the best, most positive cause for my life 
and the lives of all others I touch. 
Life! Bring me the wisdom to know the right actions to take, the right words to say...all the wisdom is springing forth from my highest life-condition possible! 

I am determined to experience my brilliant Buddha-self. 
I am determined to raise my life condition. 
I am determined to develop a strong — strong 
core of life  
I am determined to strengthen my life from deep within 
and to radiate happiness wherever I go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment