Monday, October 14, 2013

PowerPrayer For Expanding Our Capacity ~ And Words of Wisdom on Achieving Our Goals


PowerPrayer to Expand 

My Capacity in All Areas of My Life

(You may want to read the PowerPrayer prior to chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to your heart's delight. 
If you like this PowerPrayer please share it with the links provided at the bottom. Do not cut and paste it. Thanks!)

Life,
I chant to expand my capacity, 
decisiveness and ability to achieve my goals!
As of now I expand my capacity to use this practice to activate the life of my dreams. I vow to accomplish:________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________by ______________(date)

I expand my capacity in ALL AREAS

I chant to expand my capacity 
to think positive thoughts 
and to make positive causes
and take decisove POSITIVE ACTIONS 
every single moment of every single day. 

As I am chanting I increase  
my capacity 
to experience feeling loved 
and to accept love in my life. 

I chant to expand my capacity 
to dance in joy 
                 in love 
                       and in light. 

I now spread that joy and love and light effortlessly 
and naturally to everyone in my life. 

by Jamie Lee Silver and Julia Landis from the Upcoming book: The BuddhaZone, PowerPrayers for Chanting Your Way to Absolute Happiness

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following passage was published on the facebook page of "The Spirit of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo" today. Thank you so much. Enjoy! I published the Expanding Capacity PowerPrayer to go along with the last paragraph of this passage: 

The following points were shared by Norimasa Saito, SGI North America Bureau director, at meetings he attended during his recent visit to the United States, including the mentor and disciple relationship study conference held Nov. 18–20 at the Florida Nature and Culture Center.

It is important to win in our daily lives. What I mean by winning is achieving each of our specific goals. First be determined to win, you can then specify your personal goals one by one. I personally have some 33 things I am praying deeply to achieve. With a strong determination to win and an earnest desire to accomplish each goal, your prayer as you chant daimoku will be focused. This means you will tap greater wisdom, giving you insight about how to face your problems, and bring forth more courage to do what you need to do.

• When you need to achieve a major breakthrough in your life, I suggest you start with what is most essential, and that is faith. In other words, you can first ask yourself whether you have a personal determination or pledge you aim to fulfill for the sake of kosen-rufu. I think we should each have our own specific pledge or goal for kosen-rufu. We should be able to say to ourselves that “This is what I will achieve for kosen-rufu” or “I will help this person begin practicing Buddhism” or “I will help this person develop into a capable leader for kosen-rufu.”

• Since Nichiren Daishonin inscribed the Gohonzon for the happiness of all humanity, our lives should be geared to the objective of all people's happiness. The Daishonin did not establish the Gohonzon simply so that we can wear nice clothes or own a fabulous car. We need a higher sense of purpose, and when we have a higher sense of purpose, our prayers about personal matters are more easily answered.

• Then, it all boils down to effort. When your life is well geared to the objective of kosen-rufu, you are contributing to the purpose for which the Gohonzon was established, which means you belong to the world of the Gohonzon or Buddhahood. Firmly positioned in this world of great fortune and dynamic rhythm, we then take the actions necessary to win in our personal struggles. In this way, the protective functions of the Mystic Law will become clearly apparent in our day-to-day existence. In Buddhism, this approach is called the “Strategy of the Lotus Sutra.”

• President Toda described the two types of circumstances in which we derive benefit from our Buddhist practice. The first occurs at the very initial stage of our Buddhist practice. It arises naturally from the pure faith and pure joy we experience over the fact that we have encountered the Gohonzon. Of course, this is always a source of benefit and fortune.

The other type of benefit comes from our earnest prayer. In “On Rebuking Slander of the Law and Eradicating Sins,” Nichiren Daishonin writes, “I am praying that, no matter how troubled the times may become, the Lotus Sutra (Gohonzon) and the ten demon daughters (Buddhist gods) will protect all of you, praying as earnestly as though to produce fire from damp wood, or to obtain water from parched ground” (The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, p. 444). At a time of crises, or any crucial juncture in our lives, such determined prayer is necessary. And the Daishonin describes the sweeping power of such prayer when he says, “Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is like a gale” (Gosho Zenshu, p. 742).

At times we may feel overwhelmed by our personal problems. However, we have to realize that Buddhism teaches us to expand our capacity rather than trying to get rid of our problems. Some problems may be with us for quite some time. However, as our life-capacity and our capability grow, we can more easily cope with our problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment